1. Weigh Down Billowing Curtains With Sash Chains
Remember all the Secret Service issues cause by billowing curtains in the 2008 film Vantage Point? (No? Pretend you do.) All of those “issues” could have been avoided by sliding lengths of unused/ leftover sash chains into the bottom hems of the panels to keep them from blowing around. See even more cool uses for scrap sash chains
2. Sheathe a Saw-to-Go With Pipe Insulation
Taking your DIY prowess on the road? Preserve sharpness (while protecting the rest of the world from it) by placing a length of the foam over the blade. Check out other ways to put leftover pipe insulation to work
3. Turn Old Flatware Into Hooks
Retire tarnished silverware and give your mother-in-law one less reason to use that piercing tone of judgement. Instead of tossing the stuff, though, you can bend spoons, then screw them to a piece of vintage molding or fasten directly to walls in the kitchen to make a hang-out for dish towels. Guess what? We’ve got other ways for you to use old flatware. It’s shocking. We know
4. Make a Squeegee With Weatherstripping
Nothing beats a squeegee for unwetting things! Fashion an instant unwetter by affixing a length of self-adhesive D-profile rubber tube insulation along the edge of a paint scraper. Have enough squeegees? It might come as a surprise to you to learn we have other mind-blowing reuse ideas for leftover weatherstripping
6. Keep Flowers Fresh With Vodka
“What can I do with this vodka OTHER than drink it,” said no one ever. But here’s a fun chemistry lesson for ya: Mixing a few drops of vodka with a teaspoon of sugar and adding it to water for cut flowers will inhibit the production of ethylene, which makes blooms wilt. Here are more things you can tell people when they ask you why you have strangely large quantities of booze in your garage (PS- Don’t drink & DIY.)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Republicans presented Democrats on Tuesday with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏