1. Sandworm Jelly
Step 1: Cut up sandworms. Step 2: Cook them into jello molds. Step 3: Puke, because GROSS.
Yum! Duck embryo, boiled and eaten in the shell!! Wait, did I say “yum”? I mean the exact opposite of that. A long video of some dude explaining and then eating balut is here.
3. Live Squid
Honestly, it’s hard to know what is worse here: The killing and eating of live squid, or the hackneyed voiceover commentary. Both made me kind of ill.
4. Deer Placenta
This…ugh. Read about the experience of eating deer placenta soup on the inspired Weird Meat blog.
5. The Hot Dog
This exotic food is made from ground meat refuse and chemicals — the two are mixed and turned into a liquid, and then stuffed into a skin casing. Made by robots, but (apparently) eaten by humans!
6. Tuna Eyeball
It’s watching you!! It’s watching you feel ill!! (Again, a full description of the cooking & eating process is available if you think you can stomach it.
7. Maggot Cheese
Casu marzu is a Sardinian cheese that’s left to ferment and grow maggots — basically, a rotting, larvae-filled Pecorino. (To watch Gordon Ramsay gag while trying it, watch this and click ahead to the 6:50 mark.)
8. Fermented Shark
Hakarl is gutted basking shark that’s fermented and left to dry for 4-5 months. It’s gross because it smells like ammonia and makes you gag, and because it sounds kind of like “hot Carl.”
9. Mac N Cheese Pasta Bread Bowl
This overlaps between foods that make you sick and those that make you fat.
Fesikh is an Egyptian dish: Grey mullet are caught, left out to putrefy, then salted and left to pickle for several months. The fish is a delicacy served during the annual celebration of Sham Al-Nessim, and causes a few people to die every year of botulism poisoning.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Jury deadlocked in trial of Michael Slager, former South Carolina police officer charged with murder in fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- Donald Trump and his supporters have filed lawsuits to stop Jill Stein's vote recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at