1. When there's more meaning in a single letter than all of Shakespeare's work.
2. When there's no such thing as a free luxury cruise to the Bahamas.
3. When your search results leave you with more questions than you'd started with.
4. TFW you're catfished by a blouse.
5. The moment you remember you're only seeing influencers' lives through sepia-toned, triple-filtered, curated-hashtag lenses.
6. When you realize that toothbrush ad you clicked on last month is still following you.
7. When your online following is comprised of college friends, family members, and several 12-year-old hackers.
8. When your best friend's responsibilities include sharing gossip, demonstrating empathy, and gassing you the heck up the internet.
Design by Nicole Ench / BuzzFeed