1. You Pay Attention to Street Performers
2. You Acknowledge Celebrities
3. You Don't Know How to Navigate the Fast-Paced NYC Sidewalks
4. You Don't Have the NYC Resting Bitch Face
5. You Fumble With Your Metrocard at the Turnstile
Now just because we can spot you doesn't mean we don't love the lovely visitors who tour our city. We simply think, "tourist," and then go about our day dodging subway rats and lurching for train seats.
The typical New Yorker does not have any fucks to give. So as long as you don't screw around with what they value the most (hint: their time), it's all good in the hood.