6. For example…
my birthday party for my 7th birthday was by far the worst. It was at a laser tag place, which I was really pumped up about. Most kids my age were still having parties at a place called “Wood Kingdom” which was just a bunch of indoor wooden playgrounds. I was the first kid in my grade to have a party at the adjacent “Laser Kingdom.”
I thought it was gonna be a bad ass party and, to an extent, I wasn’t wrong. The first half of the party went off without a hitch. But when it came time for me to pick teams for the last match of the night, things went bad. One kid got pissed off that I didn’t pick him for my team for any of the matches. He ran up to me, punched me in the stomach, and then bashed me over the head with his laser gun. Understandably, I started crying. My dad pulled me aside, not to comfort me, but to yell at me for not winning the fight. Then we ended the party and everyone went home before I even got to open gifts. It was pretty bad.
7. So, what about you? What was your worst birthday party experience?
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝