2. My first BuzzFeed post was pretty terrible. I posted it back on March 19, 2012.
It was this lame, horrible Onion-like piece titled “Fat MMA Fighter’s Struggles Summarize How America Sucks” about this washed up MMA fighter named Tim Sylvia. I had only been reading the site for a few weeks by that point so I hadn’t figured out the voice or the content. I had also just realized that anyone could post on the site, so that was my first shot. I much prefer my second post ever on the site, “5 Reasons Why Internet Trolling is a Good Thing”. Unfortunately, one of the various site redesigns deleted the comments on it because I distinctly remember Ryan Broderick leaving an awesome TL;DR in the comments.
4. Haven’t made a first post yet? It’s NBD! Just join the community and LAUNCH. YOUR. BUZZ. Then, share your post in the comments for us to enjoy.
Hey, maybe if it’s good enough your post might get sent to the front page of BuzzFeed! If you’re not sure about some of the best practices to follow when making a post on BuzzFeed, relax! Check out these two posts.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- Trump's cabinet fills out: He's reportedly tapped Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers for Interior Secretary, Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for National Economic Council Director.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- J. Cole dropped his much-anticipated album and people are holding onto it like it's an oxygen tank for 2016.