19. The Doritos Taco took about three years to make, from inception to when it was released for consumption.
This is a picture of the very first prototype Doritos taco. Taco Bell engineers used a spray-paint gun to spray a taco shell with Doritos flavoring. Read the whole amazing Doritos taco story here.
20. When the Mir space station was crashing down to Earth, Taco Bell put a giant target in the ocean and proclaimed that if any piece of the station hit the target, everyone in the U.S. would get a free taco.
Nothing hit the target, and nobody got free tacos. Bummer. Source.
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘