1. Taco Bell was originally called Taco Tia.
2. There are no Taco Bells in Mexico.
3. Taco Bell offers French fries at some of its overseas locations.
4. Taco Bell once petitioned the government to start printing $2 bills again.
5. The original cost for a Taco Bell taco was 19 cents.
6. Taco Bell cinnamon twists start out life as these little pasta things.
7. The Taco Bell Chihuahua's name was Gidget.
8. Even though the Taco Bell Chihuahua character was male, Gidget was actually female.
9. There were also two backup Chihuahuas named Dinky and Taco.
10. Taco Bell's menu is just as viable for weight loss as Subway's.
11. Taco Bell used to have salsa bars.
12. Taco Bell is one of Macaulay Culkin's preferred brands — so much so that he had Christmas lunch there.
13. Its beef is real, despite what you may believe.
14. However, there's other stuff added to it — like magic enema juice.
15. Taco Bell has siblings! A&W, KFC, Long John Silver's, and Pizza Hut are all of Taco Bell's brothers/sisters since Yum Brands is their collective father/mother.
16. Taco Bell headquarters is one of the most beautiful structures on earth.
17. Taco Bell sold about 1 million Doritos tacos a day.
18. The Doritos Taco was so successful that it helped Taco Bell add 15,000 jobs to the company.
19. The Doritos Taco took about three years to make, from inception to when it was released for consumption.
20. When the Mir space station was crashing down to Earth, Taco Bell put a giant target in the ocean and proclaimed that if any piece of the station hit the target, everyone in the U.S. would get a free taco.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!