19. The Doritos Taco took about three years to make, from inception to when it was released for consumption.
This is a picture of the very first prototype Doritos taco. Taco Bell engineers used a spray-paint gun to spray a taco shell with Doritos flavoring. Read the whole amazing Doritos taco story here.
20. When the Mir space station was crashing down to Earth, Taco Bell put a giant target in the ocean and proclaimed that if any piece of the station hit the target, everyone in the U.S. would get a free taco.
Nothing hit the target, and nobody got free tacos. Bummer. Source.
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉