1. Having a strong opinion about footnotes vs. endnotes.
2. You know what one of these things is called and you've actually used one.
3. The feeling of bliss when you find out that a document collection you need can be accessed via the internet.
4. Dealing with the people who majored in history "because it seemed like the easiest major" or because they just needed "any degree" and thought a history degree was the easiest to get.
5. Dealing with people who say history isn't a "real major" and that it's easy.
6. This was your date on Friday nights and weekends.
7. Archival research sounds exciting and not boring.
8. You worked on a lengthy thesis throughout your senior year and you're kind of proud of it.
9. Passing out after doing only half of the required readings for your history classes.
10. You get super angry when a fellow student says, "How can I write 10 pages about [insert massive historical topic that can't be accurately covered in 1,000 pages let alone 10]? It's so simple!"
11. People who ask you, "Why is history even important?"
12. People who say, "Why would anyone bother writing about that?" when you tell them the extremely niche topics you write about.
13. People who have to remind you every fucking time they see you that history is a bad major and that you'll have no job and make no money.
14. You never bought any history books for your kindle because you couldn't annotate.
15. You got really good at reading messy handwriting if you studied historical figures in time periods before typewriters.
16. Interlibrary loan is one of your favorite things ever.
17. That weird feeling when everyone praises you for being able to memorize dates but you didn't actually memorize them. You just read about certain events so much you couldn't actually forget the date.
18. You're the person who ruins every "historical" movie for your friends by pointing out all the flaws and anachronisms.
19. You think this channel should be sued for false advertising.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!