1. The plot.
2. The witticisms!
3. "Anything else that'll keep this elevator from falling?" "Yeah. The basement."
4. "Poor people are crazy, Jack. I’m eccentric.”
5. Because Keanu Reaves was something other than a clueless stoner for the first time in his career.
6. The film's sense of dark humor about the police force
8. The movie's brilliant foreshadowing. The above scene references a gold watch. The bomber (a retired cop) uses the gold watch given to him at his retirement as part of the bomb.
10. There's not a boring minute in the entire film.
11. Gratuitous explosions.
12. The adorable romance between Keanu Reaves and Sandra Bullock
13. Because it taught me (and many other people, I'm sure) what those yellow barrels on the highway are for
14. The simple yet epic movie poster that tells you exactly what your'e getting with this movie: Keanu Reaves, a bus, and explosions.
15. This screencap of Dennis Hopper with purple stuff all over his face.
16. Because, unlike in most action films, one of the main good guys actually dies.
17. This scene.
18. The antagonist gets decapitated after a fearsome fight in the subway. While not quite Red Wedding level, it was powerful stuff for the 90s.
19. In summation, Speed is just INCREDIBLE. It has everything a person could want in an action movie!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!