1. You frequently went to the day-old bread store
2. You remember the Batman comics that came with the Hostess fruit pies you'd get there
3. You had to say goodbye to your jeans in the summer because your parents couldn't afford to buy you shorts
4. Your family ate "Kool Stuf" instead of Pop Tarts
5. You remember what the store-brand logo and packaging looked like for every kind of item.
6. You thought the that vanilla bean ice cream was full of dirt the first time you saw it, not vanilla beans
7. Other kids made fun of you because you went here
8. You ate this a lot
9. You still get a mini-heart attack every time the phone rings because you're paranoid about bill collectors
10. Kids made fun of your for your "cheap" clothes and sneakers
11. Meanwhile, you ENVIED anyone with these bad boys
12. You had pancakes or boiled hot dogs without buns and condiments for dinner a bajillion times
13. Your favorite store growing up was the dollar store
14. You remember being SO thankful and happy when you'd get a shitty dollar-store action figure or two
15. You've heard "We're on a budget"/"I'm on a budget" so many times that you remember each time it was said and the exact inflection with which your parents said it.
16. The one Sunday brunch at Sizzler was the highlight of your month
17. Your family's idea of getting "cultured" was going to Disney on Ice once a year
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!