1. 1. You have no idea what “Rock Chalk” means, but you say it anyway.
Save yourself a trip to Wikipedia: “‘Rock Chalk’ is a transposition of chalk rock, a type of limestone, that exists in the Cretaceous-age bedrocks of central and western parts of the state as well as on Mount Oread, where the University of Kansas is located, which is similar to the coccolith-bearing chalk of the white cliffs of Dover.”
3. 3. You were bummed to hear that this got vandalized …
(Bye, bye, cheesy engagement photos.)
4. 4. You know where the (unlimited) free food is …
With your friends in the schol halls.
6. 6. Of COURSE you know about 15 cent wings.
And you’ve had many the stomachache to prove it.
7. 7. And you heard about the Boom Boom Room fiasco.
(If you don’t know, don’t Google it.)
8. 8. You’ve had the, er, pleasure of seeing this guy on campus.
(You’re barkin’ up the wrong tree in Lawrence, amigo.)
9. 9. And chances are someone on Wescoe Beach has warned you you’re headed straight for Hell.
He dresses to match his rhetoric, and he comes prepared with plenty of liquid to stay hydrated! This guy can go all day.
10. 10. You are vaguely aware that another university exists within 20 miles …
But you’re not sure if it’s real or not because you’ve never seen it in person.
11. 11. You’ve been to at least one party at The Reserve …
And you had the hardest time finding the apartment the party was in. When you were ready to go home, you found it impossible to get back to your apartment (especially after drinking) because The Reserve is practically in Baldwin City.
12. 12. And you went to plenty of parties in the “Student Ghetto”.
(These parties were a relief compared to The Reserve because they were SO much easier to find.)
13. 13. You know that Teller’s Sunday Brunch was the perfect hangover cure …
Especially with your 2 people for $10 coupon. (RIP Teller’s — we hope it wasn’t the coupons that did you in.)
14. 14. And once you were cured, you could go here with your homework …
To overhear nonsensical philosophical conversations, drink delicious sugary drinks, and conquer homework assignments atop an endearingly filthy table top.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Lawrence, keep being quirky, fun, and lovable!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸