1. The Pet Collective - Kennel No. 5 (Petody)
The Pet Collective strikes again with their latest pet parody (petody), taking aim at the viral sensation that Brad Pitt’s Chanel commercial has become (original seen below).
But dog versions of fragrance commercials is nothing new in pop culture. SNL did a nice job recently imposing just about any other brand on the absence of any point whatsoever in the campaign’s monotone monochromatic mono-everything-ness…even a plug for dog condoms (see below), what can be considered a fond viral cousin to the Pet Collective’s take on the meme here.
Pretentious academics might take a look at the Chanel ad as an open invitation to parody in 2012, even evoking a narcissistic call to action titling it, “There you[tube] are.” If this is the case, the campaign can be considered nothing less than marketing genius. If this is not the case, then…um…wtf?
Most importantly, the dog’s name is Chance, by the way, and he has a frighteningly close resemblance to Pitt.
2. Brad Pitt - CHANEL N°5 Part 1 (Original)
3. Saturday Night Live Brad Pitt Ad III (parody)
Amazing. Full Buzzfeed coverage here.
4. Saturday Night Live - Canis by Calvin Klein (1992)
So the question remains as the meme has begun…will we specifically see more dog versions of this commercial? They somehow seem unconsciously perfect. Perhaps a remnant of this old SNL commercial parody fav from 1992…
- The Trump administration has proposed "massive tax cuts" that would cut taxes across the board for people and businesses.
- Conservative Ann Coulter says she's not speaking at Berkeley after promises of protests, and it's not clear who is to blame 👉👈
- Venezuelans are trying to crowdfund money to leave the country amid food shortages and political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲