1. Multiple sclerosis is a chronic, unpredictable disease of the central nervous system.
2. More than 2.3 million people are affected by MS worldwide.
3. Most people are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50.
4. Women are much more likely to develop MS than men.
5. There is no evidence that MS is directly inherited.
6. It is challenging to diagnose MS.
7. No two people have exactly the same symptoms.
8. MS symptoms can be invisible.
9. The majority of people with MS do not become severely disabled.
10. MS has no cure.
Help end MS forever! Donate today and change the course of the future!
All facts from the The National MS Society.