Since we lady DJs are apparently most comfortable in the kitchen, we wanted to show our fans what we’ve been cooking. We’re sharing our favorite recipes— guaranteed to please.
1. House Salad
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a heavy metal bowl. Beat aggressively. Like, seriously aggressive beats.
2. Spin the lettuce.
3. Chop up some fresh beats and add to the salad. Timing is crucial— don’t dilly-dally. We recommend adding 128 beats per minute.
4. Serve it up to thousands of screaming fans.
2. Mash-up Potatoes
1. Gather a bunch of potatoes. Some people say it’s even harder when you work with potatoes from different varieties, but we think that makes it extra tasty.
2. Use an electronic mixer to blend thoroughly— you don’t want any rough chunks. Don’t let this part throw you for a loop. Just keep at it.
3. Once smooth, upload it to Soundcloud and watch it go to #1 on Hype Machine.
3. Marinated Bass Fillet
1. Although some people like their fillets light and flaky, we prefer cuts that are big and meaty.
2. Now’s your cue to marinate that fillet with your favorite seasonings. Be generous. You’ll really want to make the flavors dance.
3. After you take it off the grill, drop that bass on stage at Ultra.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our sweet recipes. Here are some bonus photos of us cooking our favorite dishes.
Truffle infused foie gras in a bed of organic microgreens.
Heirloom pork loin with a tamarind demi-glace.
Tahitian vanilla bean crème brulee.
All this music in the kitchen is really catching on! A few of our friends couldn’t wait to show us what they’ve been cooking. If you want to share yours, show us what you’re cooking up to stop #stovetopsexism.
Special thanks to sous chef Anneke Jong for all her help in the kitchen.
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂