31 Things From Walmart That'll Make The Heat A Little More Bearable
Pieces guaranteed to help you stay cool and look like it, too.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A sleeveless, white linen sundress to show off your gorgeous skin. With lace that stops just above the knee, it pairs perfectly with flats AND heels. Huge shoutout to the cotton inner lining for keeping everything covered — literally.
2. A fitted, sienna crewneck, because you can't go wrong with neutrals. What you see is what you get: a basic, short-sleeved, ribbed, tee. If you don't already have one, you're definitely missing out.
3. A pair of black, drawstring cargo shorts for doing chores around the house. When it's this hot, doing the dishes is all it takes to work up a sweat. Wearing these shorts will keep you cool no matter what you choose to do.
4. A semi-formal, fiery red halter top that'll be perfect for all of your *virtual* dates. It's a breezy, yet cozy piece that's great for warm temperatures. The soft polyester fabric dries well, so you won't have to worry about sweat stains.
5. A pair of striped Levi jeans to get that nautical look from home. It's got fabulously stretchy wide pant legs for maximum comfort. Thanks to the tie-front, you can leave that belt in the closet where it belongs. These simple but stylish pants prove that less really is more.
6. A light brown mid-length buttoned dress because it screams "Ms. Indiana Jones," AND Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex. Point being, it can work in casual and professional environments. It's asymmetrical, sleeveless, and buttoned all the way down to your calves.
7. A ruffled, paisley wrap skirt for a splash of color that'll brighten your day. It's a statement piece with jewel tones, so wear it with a solid top and sandals. Whether you're socially distanced in a city or rural area, you'll turn quite a few heads in this skirt.
8. A collared, grey linen top that'll be perfect for weekend grilling in your backyard. Grills are hot, the sun is hotter, but this shirt is extremely breathable. Plus it's got a fabulous high-low hem that goes well with skinny jeans.
9. A pair of cuffed, dark wash denim shorts for days you want to look put-together but don't want to wear a belt. If you're having reservations about wearing denim in the warm weather, don't. These are perfect for summer. When it comes to comfort, these pants are the jackpot. They're stretchy and comfy.
10. A breezy, grey-striped, rayon jumpsuit because it's just too cute! Fun, angled lines inject life into what could've been a very boring jumpsuit. Wide sleeves and a tied waist makes it easy to achieve your desired fit. This dress embodies everything we love about summer!
11. A terracotta off-the-shoulder midi dress for a whimsical vibe. In any other context, cuffed sleeves, buttons, and a tied front probably sound very ~stuffy~ — but this dress is hella low-key. Give your collarbone and shoulders a chance to shine. And if you're still not convinced this dress is dope...it's got pockets.
12. A yellow, tie-dyed, button-down shirt that says, "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day." The fabric is super soft and comfortable. If you think you'll find a shirt that's better for relaxation, keep dreaming.
13. A pair of tied, orange shorts to complement your favorite neutral tops. The floral design is noticeable but not overwhelming. Plus the flowy fabric shouldn't stick to your skin if you do end up sweating. It's wrapped and tied to stop it from gapping at the waist.
14. A multicolored, spaghetti-strapped ruffle dress because they're totally adorable. Embrace your youthful energy in this quintessential summer dress. It also has a deep plunge to help with air circulation and keep you cool.
15. A light-blue, plunged neck romper for dancing in your living room. Its fitted bodice, mocked back, and adjustable straps means it can be tweaked to work for any body type. Pants may not be the first thing you reach for when it's hot, but these are made from *very* light fabric.
16. A high-waisted, Levi mini skirt that's stretchy and built to last. Is there a better way to put your style on display? Highly doubt it. Its frayed hemline will look amazing with a graphic tee.
17. A relaxed, magenta blouse with flutter sleeves to brighten all your looks. Although it may be called a "peasant top," you'll 100% look like a queen.
18. An ankle-length, cobalt halter dress, because it's designed to move like the ocean. Imagine standing on your porch or balcony in a picturesque dress like this. It's lightweight and easy to move in.
19. A sweet pink, floral high waisted skirt for virtual Sunday brunches with friends. It's mid-length, so you no need to think about flashing anyone when you bend over. Purchasing an A-line skirt is always a good idea because they're timeless.
20. A beige crewneck Looney Toons T-shirt that'll help you channel your inner child. If your AC broke and you're having trouble sleeping in the heat, wear this. Scoop necklines gotta be good for temperature regulation, right? It won't cost much to find out.
21. A sassy, leopard print skirt to make sure you're the hottest thing out this summer — in a good way. It's a tiered ruffle skirt but don't worry, the fabric is sturdier than it looks. Plus, animal prints are totally ~in~ right now.
22. A forest green, V-neck Hanes shirt, because it's such a safe but necessary purchase. Having a solid set of T-shirts is *key* to making it through any heatwave. We stan a brand that makes quality shirts in almost 30 different colors and sells them at an affordable price point.
23. A faded black denim mini skirt that shows off what you're working with! Mini skirts are always the *moment* and this one has a raw hemline. Whether you opt for a 90s grunge vibe or put a more editorial spin on things, you'll look absolutely amazing in this skirt. It's just too edgy to pass up.
24. A pair of pink tied, floral print shorts for days you want to feel cute but won't be leaving the house. These shorts are the epitome of a humble serve. Relaxed fitting shorts with a bow-tie waist are all it takes to make you look as good as you feel.
25. A nostalgic, black suspender dress that's sure to make you stand out. It's not every day that you see a suspender dress. On hotter days, try wearing a bandeau under that chic U-neckline to keep cool.
26. A rust, buttoned, A-line skirt to pair with some Chelsea boots. It may be a bit pricey, but that's because they're made of corduroy. The silhouette and texture of this skirt give vintage, country vibes.
27. A white bodycon dress with flounce sleeves that will fit like a dream. Billowy statement sleeves are sure to make anyone look like an angel. You + this dress + nude heels = Instagram GOLD.
28. An old school Pink Floyd graphic tee, because everyone should know you have excellent taste. Channel the spirit of a carefree rock band in this super casual shirt that won't cost too much money. Get it?
29. A green, flutter sleeve T-shirt dress for that virtual work meeting you probably weren't going to wear pants for anyway. Comfort is the last thing you'll worry about when wearing this dress. If green isn't your fave, it comes in several other colors. Expect the dress to stop right above the knee.
30. A white, cuffed, boyfriend T-shirt to pull off any outfit effortlessly. If you're wondering why it looks so soft and touchable, it's because this shirt is made from *premium* cotton. When left out, the hem should graze your waistline, but it looks good tucked in too.
31. A pair of lightwash denim Bermuda shorts because they're super stretchy and have FOUR POCKETS! The elastic waistband makes them super easy to pull on. If you're not into the loafers-and-Bermudas look, try pairing them with some really cool sneakers.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.