1. His close friends call him "Jimmy," but you can call him James.
2. He has an excellent memory, and he rarely forgets his lines.
3. He likes it when sh*t gets weird.
And he seems to totally dig that his life is just getting weirder.
4. Before he started acting, James worked as a bus boy, a stable boy, a lifeguard, a truck driver, and a railroad car loader.
5. His Bacon number is 2.
6. He basically set the benchmark for '80s-movie bad boys.
7. Like any good icon, his fashion game has always been on point.
He's the definition of "effortlessly cool."
8. He was on an episode of Seinfeld in 1997.
9. He was the first actor to win two consecutive Emmy Awards for playing the same character on two different series.
He won for his portrayal of Alan Shore on both The Practice and Boston Legal.