1. Practice makes perfect, and Texas craft breweries have been in business since 1909.
2. German immigrants brought recipes for old-world Bavarian drafts to Texas. That's craft brew with a pedigree.
3. And Texas is home to some of the most authentic Oktoberfest celebrations you can find outside of Germany.
4. Today, Texas has 96 craft breweries in operation.
That's one brewery for every three Texas counties.
5. And Texas craft brew production increased 44% in 2013 alone.
6. The Jester King Brewery is basically heaven on Earth.
Jester King brews farmhouse ales with wild yeast strains that create truly unique taste profiles. The brewery is nestled in the Hill Country outside of Austin. It offers beautiful views of the countryside, live music, a pizza kitchen, and, of course, Jester King's full lineup of ales on tap, plus limited-run draughts.
7. Texas invented the 99-pack of beer.
It's really, really big. And really, really awesome.
8. Texas craft brews are winning more medals year after year.
9. And a Texas craft brew is now a gold-medal-winning Mexican beer.
10. Texas also has many excellent brewpubs.
And unlike other states, Texas recently passed legislation that allows brewpubs to sell their beers in bars and retailers. So now more people can taste the incredible beers coming from microbreweries all across the state.
11. And it's important to bring beer to the people, because Texans spend $2.3 billion on craft beer each year.
12. And let's not forget: Texas has over 300 days of sunshine a year.
Enjoy Texas craft beer to the fullest, and remember to please drink responsibly.