The new OLTL has the same characters, played by the same actors. But the best part of the new episodes may just be the dance moves. The first episode is full of them, as the action centers around the opening of Llanview, Pennsylvania’s hottest new club, Shelter. (In the original, the dancing action took place at a club called Capricorn; Shelter is basically a remodeled version.)
Here are the top 20.
20. The Toe Tap
David Vickers Buchanan (Tuc Watkins) arrives at Shelter.
19. The Scene Check
Matthew Buchanan (Robert Gorrie), surprisingly upbeat after his father took away his Oxy stash, scopes out the dancefloor.
18. Combination Duck-Face-Shoulder-Shake
Vickers Buchanan takes Dorian Lord (Robin Strasser) for a spin in the opening credits.
17. The Spin Cycle
Cutter Wentworth (Josh Kelly) twirls Natalie Buchanan (Melissa Archer) in the opening credits.
16. The Come Hither
Téa Delgado (Florencia Lozano) in the opening credits.
15. The Which Way To The Beach From Here
When Vickers Buchanan shows up, crowds part like the Red Sea.
14. The BAM
Danielle Manning (Kelley Missal) in the opening credits.
13. The Shake Down
12. The Break Out
11. Pom Pom Wrists
10. Revving The Lawn Mower
9. The Modified Bend and Snap
8. The Binocular Bump
Natalie Buchanan does a mating dance to attract Cutter Wentworth.
7. The Slobber Face
6. The Modified Throwin ‘Bows
5. The Secret Pit Check
4. The Double Back Check
3. The Squat and Slide
2. The Hokey Pokey
Bo Buchanan (Robert S. Woods) and Nora Hanen (Hilary B. Smith) in the opening credits.
1. ODing on Oxycontin
(For best results only use this move in conjunction with a dubstep remix.)
Here are the full opening credits, featuring the theme song “Brand New Start” by Snoop Lion.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.
- Former US attorney general says Edward Snowden performed a "public service" but still must face "consequence" of his actions.
- Spanish basketball player Pau Gasol may not compete at the Rio Olympics due to Zika virus concerns.