I struggle to fall asleep on more nights than not.
1. Imagine yourself taking the route to a place you love.
2. Make a mental list of all of the things you like about yourself.
3. Run through all of the things you're grateful for.
4. Or go through all of the things that made you happy that day.
5. Picture everything that goes into doing something you're really good at.
6. Or think of a category or topic that you know well, and try to remember everything in it.
7. Replay your favorite day of vacation.
8. Plan your perfect day as close to the minute as you can.
9. And when all else fails, pretend you're surrounded by a lot of puppies*.
What do you think about when you want to fall asleep? Share in the comments!
By the way, if you've been having trouble sleeping and it's not going away, it's definitely worth checking with your doctor. Many things can cause insomnia, from stress to certain disorders, and your doctor will best be able to help you figure out what's going on so you can get the sleep you need. In the meantime, you can always read more about insomnia here.