1. Louie the dachshund likes attention — and leaves.
His owner, Megan Determan, told BuzzFeed Life that Louie sometimes has trouble sharing her with her fiancé, Chris Kluthe. Determan bought Louie when he was a puppy as a 25th birthday present for herself, and Kluthe came into the picture two years later.
2. The couple decided to include Louie in their engagement session in St. Paul, Minnesota, on Oct. 13.
“If I’m snuggled up with Chris, Louie has to be right in there too,” Determan said. “If I’m giving Chris a back rub, Louie wants to get one at the same time. When we were practicing our first dance the other day, he sat there and barked until I picked him up.”
3. During the photo shoot, Louie took full advantage of his time in the spotlight.
While photographers Dan and Karin Berdal of DnK Photography were setting up a shot featuring some fall leaves, Louie started frolicking like his life depended on it.
5. Louie’s leaf frenzy didn’t come as a surprise to Determan and Kluthe.
“I found out a couple falls ago that he loves leaves, so every year, we make a pile for him and watch and laugh,” Determan said. “I wasn’t surprised he was putting on a show for them, but I loved watching our photographers laugh.”
6. His hot-dogging (pun intended) wasn’t a shocker, either.
Determan told BuzzFeed Life that they had to include him in their engagement pictures because he won’t be attending the wedding. “Chris jokes that it’s my day, not Louie’s,” she said.
7. The Berdals are ordering a full-size canvas of Louie’s photobomb, which Determan says she’ll hang in her living room.
“We have a bare wall, and we’ve been waiting for perfect picture for it. We thought it was going to be something from our wedding, but now it’ll be a picture of Louie.”
8. Get more wedding buzz from BuzzFeed Weddings on Facebook!
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- The Oakland warehouse where 36 people were killed last week may have never been subject to a fire inspection — a yearly requirement.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌