We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their tips for getting sleep while pregnant. Here are some of their responses:
Editor's note: Please consult with your doctor before taking supplements like magnesium or valerian root.
1. Strategically place fans near your bed to keep your whole body cool.
2. Tune in to some calming guided sleep meditations.
3. Get a wedge pillow that'll bring sleep to your body and a smile to your face.
4. Or try a Snoogle pillow, which curls against your body to keep it in one spot during the night.
5. And if neither of those work, try a contoured neck pillow.
6. Sleep on your left side to control the inevitable heartburn.
7. Wear a bathroom-friendly nightgown to sleep.
8. Eat a banana to fill you up just enough for a night of slumber.
9. Put your pillows in the fridge to keep everything around you all nice and cool.
10. Shove a pillow between your knees to even out your distribution of weight.
11. Just like...put pillows everywhere.
12. Try popping a valerian root tablet.
13. Or take some magnesium to help with restless legs and restless brain.
14. Draw a warm bath with some lavender epsom salts.
15. Get some non-medicated nose strips to prevent your — or your partner's — snoring.
16. Take your acid reflux medication before you go to sleep to prevent flare-ups in the middle of the night.
17. Set everything you might need, including some good lotion, next to your bed.
18. Consider an adjustable bed that you can customize exactly to your needs.
19. Sleep in a recliner chair if you really can't resist back sleeping.
20. Do a little massage with peppermint essential oil to ease your muscles into a relaxed sleepytime state.
21. And if all else fails, kick your partner out of the bed.
Responses have been lightly edited for length and clarity.