2. That’s why sisters Lindsay, Becky, Kelly, Cassie, and Jamie, all née Walitsch, decided to thank their parents for their support with a surprise photo shoot of all of them in their dresses.
Cassie (second from left), suggested the idea to her wedding photographer, Rachel Blackwell. Blackwell was also the photographer for Jamie (second from right) when she got married last June.
“She pitched me the idea about six months before Jamie’s wedding, and we put the shoot on the calendar for one week after, like the day after she came home from her honeymoon,” Blackwell told BuzzFeed Life.
3. Blackwell knew the shoot had to happen immediately, because the odds of none of the five sisters being pregnant at the same time were pretty low.
In fact, four of the five of them did get pregnant in the months right after the shoot, Blackwell said.
4. On the day of the shoot last July outside San Jose, California, they got their hair done together in the morning and made sure to wear their wedding-day shoes.
“They all helped zip each other up and were talking about their own wedding days,” Blackwell said. “They were having all kinds of fun, while the husbands hung out at the house they got ready at and watched all the children. “
11. “The mother of the girls loved them. She ordered some big prints for her house,” she said.
Cassie told BuzzFeed life that the shoot was intended to be “a small and fun way to thank our parents for supporting us and our marriages over the years.”
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.