1. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of marriage equality, allowing thousands of same-sex couples to legally get married in the U.S.
2. A dad invited his his daughter's stepfather to accompany him and the bride down the aisle during her wedding ceremony, bringing us all to tears.
Photographer Delia D. Blackburn said there wasn't a dry eye in the house after Todd Bachman asked Todd Cendrosky if he would help him walk Brittany Peck to the altar at her September wedding. “I think he said something along the lines of ‘You helped raise her,’” Blackburn told BuzzFeed News.
Blackburn shared the photos and the family’s story on her Facebook page. They have since been shared more than 500,000 times.
5. Melissa Dohme, whose ex-boyfriend stabbed her 30 times, got engaged to one of the men who saved her life.
6. Bride Christine Quinn asked her 89-year-old grandmother, Elizabeth Govern — aka “Nana Betty” — to be her bridesmaid.
Quinn considers Nana Betty to be one of her best friends, which she told BuzzFeed Life made it an easy decision. Nana Betty was hesitant at first, but she agreed to fill the role after Quinn assured her that she could change her mind.
She even “danced the night away” instead of going home to rest, as she’d originally planned to.
8. Bride Brelyn Bowman presented a "certificate of purity" to her father at her wedding to prove her virginity.
9. Writer, performer, and all-around badass Lindy West made us all stand up and cheer with this essay on being a fat bride.
10. Photographer Thomas Stewart's epic rant against cell phones at wedding ceremonies went viral.
11. Bobby Villegas and Kait Villegas-Payne bucked gender norms and had Villegas-Payne’s daughter, Scarlet, serve as their ring bearer.
12. We all ugly-cried when Brooke Blackledge read a heartwarming note from her adoptive mother at her wedding.
13. Justin Lebon's Monopoly marriage proposal won everyone over.
Lebon had a friend, woodworker Mark Becker, to craft a custom Monopoly board for his proposal to his fiancée, Michal Ott last December.
All of the property names correspond to important places and events from their relationship, and he — very appropriately — hid the ring under the luxury tax spot. Nerd love FTW!
Of course, they took a photo in their signature pose at their gorgeous June wedding.
The end result was utterly breathtaking.
20. Photographer Chase Richardson slipped and accidentally captured a priceless photo of everyone's reaction.
21. These five married sisters did a photo shoot in their wedding dresses.
Lindsay, Becky, Kelly, Cassie, and Jamie, all née Walitsch, got together after the last sister got married and had photographer Rachel Blackwell take the pictures as a way to thank their parents for their weddings and their support.
Blackwell told BuzzFeed Life that the photos were a hit. “The mother of the girls loved them. She ordered some big prints for her house,” she said.