1. She writes all of her own songs
Unlike most teen sensations, Taylor writes songs about her own personal experiences. This love of writing first materialized in the three-page long poem she composed in the fourth grade entitled, “Monster in my Closet.” After the family’s computer repairman taught her a few chords on the guitar, she began writing songs about her relationship with her high school classmates. Her first song was “Lucky you.”
2. She fought for success the old fashioned way – by taking to the streets
At the ripe old age of 11, Taylor went to Nashville in the hopes of obtaining a record deal. Despite being turned away from every place she went, Taylor persevered. She returned to Nashville time and time again until she finally signed a deal.
3. She liked Bieber before it was ‘hip’ to like the Beeb
TayTay used the Beeb’s first hit song for a video blog. Helping get the Beeb on the map! Without Taylor, there would be no Beeb.
4. She has a great sense of humor about her break-ups
…In an “F-you Joe Jonas” sort of way
5. Taylor never went through an awkward hair stage.
Her hair looks like spun silk. It’s like if Rapunzel’s hair was woven by Rumpelstiltskin.
6. She’s always losing her retainer. And then her mom yells at her about it.
She’s just like you!
7. Katy Perry, Beyonce, Pink and even OBAMA <3 her
When Kayne forever cemented his place as a drunken jackass, the WORLD came to Taylor’s defense.
8. She has her own greeting card line
And they are sparkly and pretty and bring light and happiness to the world.
9. Her mom isn’t a skanky attention whore
Unlike Miley and Lindsey’s mothers, Andrea Swift is really down to earth (see the retainer incident as proof)
10. She rapped with T Paine and is besties with the Jzoncyes
You know, the dude that did “I’m on a boat?” Yeah, he and TayTay are Besties. She also hangs out with JZ and Beyonce
11. She’s a very talented recording artist!
The New York Times described Swift as “one of pop’s finest songwriters, country’s foremost pragmatist and more in touch with her inner life than most adults.”
12. She loves sparkly dresses
Heaven knows sparkly dresses are fun to wear. You’re in a bad mood? Go put on sparkly dress. That frown is now upside down!
13. Her favorite number is 13!
While many consider 13 to be unlucky, Taylor bucks convention and fully embraces the number as her good luck charm!
14. EXTRA: I’m pretty certain she likes turtles
Because she’s amazing. And amazing people like turtles.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Donald Trump bashed Hillary Clinton for going to an Adele concert after critics slammed him for promoting his new hotel.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at