1. A pair of noise-cancelling wireless Bluetooth earbuds so you're not as tempted to venture off from your desk since you can't hear all the fun people are having outside (sorry!). They're even programmed with special touch functions: tap once to play or pause; double-tap to skip forward or backward. And of course it comes with a charging case!
Promising review: "These headphones are literally fantastic. I am a professional musician by trade and these have incredibly clear sound quality, really high-end parts put into this product. The connection is fast and easy. It charges while in the case, which is a great feature. But better than all these features I love the ability to wear them in the shower and jam to tunes while they get soaked and survive it like a champ." —Matthew Hussey
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in four colors).
2. A pair of incredibly soft Loop noise-reduction earplugs if the sounds coming from outside are a little too distracting/annoying. These flexible silicone earplugs will help you concentrate on the task at hand.
Promising review: "I struggle with anxiety and ADHD and I find myself frequently sensitive to sounds. Things were especially difficult with the kids home working on school while I was trying to work from home. Not only have these been fabulous throughout the day but holy cow are they a lifesaver at night! My husband snores, and I have tried multiple pairs of ear plugs, sleep masks with little speakers in them…list goes on. These loops are extremely comfortable to sleep in. They cut the sounds of the snores down to manageable and sleep-able level without cutting off all sound. If one of our children comes in the room, phone rings, etc. I can still hear and remain safe. They are not noise cancelling, they are noise reducing. They are so reasonably priced that I have a pair next to my bed, on my desk, and in my cars. Highly highly recommend!!!" —Christina
Get it from Amazon for $24.95 (available in six colors).
3. A white noise machine because you need help drowning out the sounds of roommates or kids living it up in the rooms adjoining your work space. This super compact machine can also be easily transported from place to place.
This machine has six modes: white noise, thunder, ocean, rain, summer night, and brook. It can run continuously or you can set a timer for 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
Promising review: "As we're all on COVID alert and working from home, I don't have a 'quiet space' from which to work. So I bought this to drown out the sounds of the TV and other every noise at home. Works great. Can just leave it on or switch to the time mode if using it for sleep. The sounds are pretty continuous so you can't easily identify when the loop starts over again." —db
Get it from Amazon for $17.59+ (available in three colors).
4. A small dehumidifier that'll suck the water out of the air so you can breathe a little easier in this springtime heat. Now you won't be distracted by discomfort. Hey, at least working from home means you can control some elements of your environment, unlike being outside.
Promising review: "I got this dehumidifier for my one bedroom apartment, as I live in Chicago close to the lake, and it's made a notable difference in terms of my experience of heat in my unit. Very easy to use, usually takes a couple of days of all day use to need to be emptied, and when I do need to empty it, it's easy as pie. It's super quiet; I work from home and I don't notice it! Would buy again!" —A. Smith
Get it from Amazon for $45.98+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
5. A compact light therapy lamp to simulate sunlight right at your desk, which may help melt away dreary moods so you can get back to living your life to the fullest.
Read more about how light therapy can help with seasonal affective disorder at Cleveland Clinic.
Promising review: "I work from home at night. I never see the light of day during the winter. This light has been a joy to have and gives great light at my desk to work with [as well as] the benefit of mimicking sun exposure. It’s very easy to use and to replace bulbs." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
6. An electric standing desk — just because you're WFH doesn't mean you can't stay active. Get your steps in while you work with this adjustable workspace!
Promising review: "I am obsessed. I paired this with a treadmill platform so I can work, do school, and exercise! Such a good product." —Felicity
Get it from Amazon for $199.99+ (available in five sizes and six colors).
7. A cold brew maker if you're someone who can't be bothered to respond to an email until *at least* your second cup of coffee. No need to go to spend the time going to a nearby cafe when you can prep this at night and always have caffeine ready to start your day!
Promising review: "This Takeya cold brew coffee jug is wonderful! I know a lot of people use mason jars, however, I wanted something easier to grab from the fridge and more lightweight (and cheaper!). I have used Takeya products before and have been impressed with their durability as well as the easiness of cleaning them. The coffee filter has an extremely fine mesh and it has not let through even the finest of coffee grounds. It is really easy to clean! I am really pleased with this purchase!" —LiliBelle
Read our Tayeka cold brew maker review for more deets, and check out our picks for the best cold brew coffee makers if this one isn't for you.
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in two sizes).
8. An ergonomic under-the-desk elliptical so you can work out as you work! You might just convince yourself you're going on a Hot Girl Walk this spring. It also comes with a downloadable app that tracks your growth.
Promising review: "When I purchased this I thought it was a bit pricey but I needed something to keep me moving, being quite sedentary. I am thrilled! It's way beyond my expectations! I have used it 2–4 hours every day, sitting in a chair and watching TV. In a four-hour shift I have gone 14,000 strides and burned 400 calories. I also feel better and am more interested in other activities! In my opinion this is an excellent product and just what I needed!"—Sheila K.
Get it from Amazon for $199 (available in two colors).
Or check out our roundup of the best under-desk treadmills, if that's more your ~speed~.
9. A memory foam chair cushion that'll turn any chair into a comfy office chair. It'll also help relieve lower back and tushy discomfort. Plus, its heat responsive technology and ergonomic design mean you can say goodbye to bad posture and joint pain.
Promising review: "I sit for hours at a time, and I always complain about my back or bottom hurting. Well, once I started sitting on this memory foam cushion, I noticed a difference right away. And I was still comfortable sitting after a few hours. The cushion is large and fits my entire chair seat. I am happy it works and is large enough for all of me!! The cushion also has a zipper on back so the cover can be removed and washed. My bottom is happy and so is my back." —AkaPurple
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in five colors).
10. A mini oil diffuser to help turn your WFH space into an aromatherapeutic spa. Want to feel like you're working in a spring garden? Check out these floral essential oils!
11. A pair of webcam covers so now you can be sure no one's watching you eat Froot Loops in your pajamas during your All Hands meeting. You deserve to feel comfy while you work, especially if you can't be at the beach like you dreamed about.
Promising reviews: "I use this for my work computer in case Zoom defaults to camera on by accident. When the camera cover is on, the video screen is completely black." —Elanah
"What a simple, useful product! It was easy to put on my computer and I feel much more secure knowing someone can't access my video without my knowing." —quilterldy
Get them from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in four colors).
12. A super powerful, USB-powered desk fan so you can feel like you're outside with the wind in your hair even though you're actually sitting in your office reorganizing your files. This quiet fan will definitely come in handy on particularly warm days!
Promising review: "This is a great personal size fan. It fits on a desk well and provides plenty of breeze for working or sleeping. It is quiet and very easy to use." —Kara Harkins
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in three colors).
13. A set of six velvety black ink gel pens with a matte finish that'll help make taking notes and making to-do lists feel a bit more fun this spring.
Promising review: "I loooove pens and these are my new fave. Writes nice and smooth. Fine point and doesn't smear or bleed. Will be getting more soon because I am sure they will 'grow legs' at work and end up elsewhere!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $8.89+ (available in three color combinations).
14. A rotating timer if you need a little external help to meet your deadlines. Simply start and stop the clock by turning it! Because the sooner you get your work done, the sooner you can go out.
Promising review: "I seriously want to rave about this timer / clock. It's the funkiest most awesome clock and timer. I bought it to specifically GET MY KIDS OUT OF THE HOUSE TO SCHOOL ON TIME. They consistently won't be ready every morning without me hollering 10 minutes! Five minutes! If I missed these callouts, no one was ready on time. Now, the alarm goes off and they know what that means. I flip the hexagon to 15 minutes then beep beep beep! It's loud but not obnoxious and everyone can hear it from the bedroom. Flip again for five more minutes. When it goes off again, I'm going for my keys. Better be ready, kiddos! LIFE IS BETTER with my ZNEWTECH HEXAGON DIGITAL Timer & Alarm!!!!" —77Keys
Check out my coworker's hexagonal productivity timer review for more on how she uses this to get more done and help the day go by faster.
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in two styles and in six colors).