29 Things To Help Your Pet Cool Down On The Next Super Hot Day
If Spot is so hot he's getting hot spots, it's time for a change.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. A portable water dispenser so your pup can stay hydrated during walks, hikes, and brunches with friends.
3. A hot spot and itch relief spray — formulated with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, this spray works to ease discomfort caused by allergies, insect bites, matted dirty coats and more.
4. Or antiseptic wipes that, in addition to hot spots and allergies, will also offer relief for yeast infections and acne. Made with aloe and vitamin E, these wipes will soothe rashes and dryness so your pet can get back to living their teenage dreams.
5. A bite-size silicone dog treat mold for freezing (or baking) goodies that'll keep your furry friend cool and well fed!
6. A self-cooling pet mat you might just borrow from your pet time to time on balmy days. Super soft and lightweight, this mat gets 3–4 degrees cooler just by touching it!
7. A pair of waterproof and adjustable doggy leggings to protect your pet's paws from hot, wet, and just plain gross city streets. Because they're made with four-way stretch fabric, you can feel confident that your dog will be comfortable.
8. Soft chew allergy supplements that'll help your itchy pup stop scratching due to skin, seasonal, or environmental allergy issues. They're also rich with vitamins, antioxidants, and probiotics to support digestion and immunity.
9. A triple-layer microfiber cooling vest with UV protection. This vest will absorb and draw excess heat out, keeping your dog cool for up to three hours. And it's fashion-forward, if I do say so myself.
10. A luxe cat window perch if your kitty actually enjoys getting a little sun. Made using a durable pinewood frame and an easy-to-clean fabric, this faux-hammock will keep your cat blissed out.
11. A pack of four instant-cooling bandanas you just pop in the fridge for a bit and then wrap around your pooch's neck for immediate relief. Plus, they'll look like the leader of the cutest bark squad around.
14. 100% natural dog paw wax that'll provide protection against too-hot pavement. No more cracked and dry paws!
15. An enclosed mesh outdoor cat tent because your domesticated cat still deserves some (safe) fun in the sun. Basically, treat them like the royalty they already act like they are.
16. Or a covered, elevated outdoor bed made using breathable mesh for when your dog needs a little break from running around, overheating in sun.
17. A splash-free, silicone dog travel bowl if Fido can't wait to drive home from the park before his next water break. It's angled to make sure it stays put on the seat.
20. Epi-Pet spray-on sunscreen — protect your pets from the treacherous rays of sun while also keeping their skin and coats conditioned. And because they know pets do what pets do, this sunscreen is made to be ultra-water and sweat resistant.
21. A doggy life jacket because Boating Is Life for the ~entire~ family. And it's even got a rescue handle on top for the not-so-great swimmers of the bunch.
22. A stainless steel water fountain that'll entice your purring friends to stay hydrating by keeping the water in constant circulation. Now if we could only get *you* to drink more water...
23. A lavender and cedar shampoo bar made with a natural antiseptic sure to make bath time a cooling treat.
25. A portable shower attachment so you can provide your pup some instant, cool relief when they finally take a break from ~claiming~ all the trees at the dog park.
26. A no-drip, water bottle for small animals to keep your hamster, guinea pig, or bunny unmessily hydrated!
27. A portable pet SlumberPod you can attach a fan to so your pupper can get some private, cool-down time.
28. A doggy sprinkler pad if you've got yourself a toddler in a pooch's body. Just connect it to your garden hose and let the fun begin!
29. A pair of matching baseball hats for pawrent and pup to keep the sun from getting in all of your eyes...and also to look cute, obviously.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.