1. An oil-absorbing face roller made using absorbent volcanic stone that'll soak up any excess oil. Forget those disposable oil-blotting sheets and get instant matte skin ASAP!
Promising review: "As I have oily skin that typically gets worse in the warm weather, I usually buy blotting papers to remove excess oil in my T-zone. Those work fine, but THIS product is absolutely ingenious! Not only does it work beautifully without disturbing my makeup, but also it’s reusable, easy to clean, and most importantly to me, it is so much more eco-friendly!! I highly recommend this to all my oily-skinned beauties out there!" —GodivaRn
Get it from Amazon for $13.38.
2. A hypoallergenic Aveeno SPF 60 moisturizing face sunscreen because its oil-free formula won't leave you feeling greasy. Made with prebiotic oats, this sunscreen soothes as it protects. It's sweat- and water-resistant so it's great if you're looking to workout in the sun.
Promising review: "I use it every day during the summer. I water walk Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m.–9 a.m. and take a water Zumba class from 9 a.m.–10 a.m. then just swim until 11 a.m.. I use Aveeno every morning before I start and haven't had a sunburn yet, and I'm in Oklahoma where it's 100 degrees before noon." —Teri
Get it from Amazon for $10.97.
3. Or a splurge-worthy and oil-free La Roche-Posay SPF 60 sunscreen for folks with sensitive skin. This fast-absorbing sunscreen contains antioxidants to shield you from the sun. It is super lightweight, so you can protect your skin without feeling bogged down.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this sunscreen. I have sensitive skin and I hate the feeling of sunscreen as it’s often oily and horrible to wear in hot humid weather. This goes on smoothly and is absorbed immediately. There is no greasy feeling and it protects me for hours. It also does not hamper makeup applications. I’ve tried at least 20 different brands and this one rocks in every way." —JM
Get it from Amazon for $37.99.
4. Or a vegan and reef-friendly Sun Bum SPF 50 sunscreen spray to protect your skin from the sun's harsh rays. Just apply this vitamin E-rich formula 15 minutes before you go out into the sun! Because it's water-resistant, it's perfect for beach days. And because it's a spray, you don't have to worry about dealing with gloppy goop.
Promising review: "This sunscreen did a really good job on my massive quantity of pale skin yesterday. I fried in 100-degree weather for about two hours — in direct sun and in water — and barely look like I got out of the shade. Hadn’t used it prior to yesterday, but now I’m a believer. My skin feels great today as well." —mw
Get it from Amazon for $17.49+ (available in SPF 30, 50, and 70).
5. A cruelty-free cooling body lotion that'll hydrate and soothe skin, which might come in handy if you spent a little too much time in the sun and your skin feels overheated.
6. A skin-mattifying moisturizer for a shine-free finish! It's made with aloe vera to help soften skin and with bamboo extract to help absorb oil.
Formula 10.0.6 is a family-owned small skincare business making products that won't break the bank.
Promising review: "I am very skeptical about promises that claim certain moisturizers are for oily skin because, undoubtedly, they leave my skin shiny or my skin becomes shiny throughout the day, especially in humid weather. This moisturizer is a game-changer. I don’t write reviews, ever! But this product deserves it. My skin is hydrated, looks hydrated, and is matte. I like my skin matte, and it will remain that way all day. It smells so beautiful and light. I use a serum underneath, which tends to make my skin shiny, and when I apply this moisturizer on top, BAM! Shine gone. I highly recommend this product. Even if you are unsure, the price is worth the risk." —Roberto De Alba
7. An Ahava mineral body lotion whose hydrating formula consists of aloe vera and glycerin, which work together to help your skin retain moisture.
8. A Burt's Bees sunburn relief lotion formulated with coconut, aloe, and antioxidants to help soothe and hydrate your skin post sun exposure. No need to be afraid of the sun with this by your side!
Promising review: "I’m happy to say this product works! I purchased this product due to my inability to provide my skin with appropriate sun protection one day this summer. I proceeded to spend a night wishing that I could safely freeze myself into an ice cube. Midnight discomfort lead me to this product. The initial use was a day or two after the day of regret, but it eased the discomfort and moisturized my reddened skin, helping to soften the leather layer I had started to form. Of course this review would not be complete without me faulting myself a second time. Two times in one summer I proved my inability to adult well. I applied this lotion the MINUTE I realized that I had experienced another exposure to the sun for too long a period. To my absolute joy, this product relieved my discomfort. It left a layer that stayed cool for a few hours (at which time I reapplied it), it was a little tacky to the touch (not sticky or oily), and my skin did not experience the crocodile and subsequent peeling experience it had earlier in the season. The scent is soft and not overpowering. I have experienced skin sensitivity in the past to products, but I had no issues with Burt’s Bees products. Thank you for providing me with such a helpful product." —Meghan
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
9. A CeraVe body wash with salicylic acid and ceramides that'll help you deal with any "chicken skin" flare-ups caused by warmer weather. This will exfoliate your skin and leave it feeling moisturized!
Promising review: "My 6-year-old daughter has keratosis pilaris, commonly known as 'chicken skin.' This year it really flared up during warm weather so I gave this wash along with lotion a try. Wow, I saw results after just a few uses and after a couple of weeks most of her bumps disappeared. Thrilled we skipped a trip to the dermatologist! Can’t beat this price for the results either." —Ashley Steigerwald
Get it from Amazon for $15.79.
10. A splurge-worthy plant-based SPF 30 serum because its unique formula is designed to help mitigate the effects of blue light and pollution. Plus, it'll leave your skin aglow!
Coola is a small skincare business whose organic products will help you enjoy the sun to the fullest.
Promising review: "I never write reviews, but I love this stuff so much I felt compelled. I use it every day, on both makeup and non-makeup days. It gives a nice dewy glow, and even in humid summer months doesn’t look oily. It works well under makeup, just make sure to give it a few minutes to absorb before applying primer or foundation. It is the last step in my morning skincare routine. I am 45 and have combination skin with some super dry patches. I have never had a sunburn on my face using it. Definitely recommend!" —Lauren
11. A gel callus remover you just let your feet sit in for 5–10 minutes for silky, smooth skin ready for sandal weather. Why get a pedicure at a salon when you can get the same quality at a fraction of the price?
Promising review: “I take very good care of my 67-year-old feet. Always have cause I am a distance walker and biker. Yet summer sandal weather in Texas had them looking and feeling less than baby-pink and soft. For me it took only three minutes on the heels and ball of my foot, with a bit on the outside edge of my big toe. But WOW, this really worked. In 10 minutes total, I am soft and super smooth and good to go!” —C. brown
Get it from Amazon for $14.49.
12. An antioxidant-rich Supergoop! SPF 50 sunscreen oil whose hydrating formula contains marigold, meadowfoam, and grape seed extract to help protect against sun damage and soothe skin. Plus, it'll give you a glow that might just distract passersby!
Reviewers say this oil absorbs quickly, so you don't have to worry about it ruining your clothes!
Promising review: "Likes: applies easily, moisturizing, tan got deeper without getting a burn, long lasting even with swimming, little/not overpowering scent. I did not experience any breakouts or clogged pores and have been using it most of the summer now." —Amy J. Leigh
Get it from Amazon for $15+ (available in two sizes).
13. An exfoliating Himalayan salt body scrub — get rid of those dead skin cells and reveal refreshed skin! And since it'll leave you with smooth skin, you'll likely have an easier time applying self-tanner
Majestic Pure is a small brand of beauty and skincare products that are made from simple and pure botanical ingredients.
Promising reviews: "Perfect for my dry summer skin. Love it." —Amazon Customer nana
"I love this product. Makes my skin soft, smooth, and moisturized." —Lori Johnson
14. And a vegan and paraben-free self-tanner if you simply won't have the time to lay in the sun to get the glow you deserve. Get the tan of your dreams in just an hour!
15. A Gold Bond anti-friction stick so you don't have to wear bike shorts under your dresses during the spring and summer since that just makes you hotter, which defeats the purpose of wearing a dress! This nongreasy formula also soothes and moisturizes skin.
Promising review: “This is a thick-thighed person's dream! If you suffer from the dreaded 'chub rub' as I do, you need this stick in your life! I have always struggled with chafing between my thighs during warmer months when wearing dresses or shorts. This stick is a game changer. I was able to apply a bit on my inner thighs and wear a dress to DISNEYLAND ALL DAY! I didn't even reapply it throughout the day. One application and I walked like 25K steps in a dress with NO chafing at all! Magic. A true miracle. Also, the stick seems to last quite a while. I wear dresses a lot and it took me several months to run out. I will be buying this for the rest of my life!” —LilDevil1828
Get it from Amazon for $5.96.
16. A gentle, plant-based face serum whose blend of vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, witch hazel, and jojoba oil will help even skin tone and reveal your inner radiance. This antioxidant-rich serum can help protect against free radicals.
Promising review: "I feel it is giving me good results so far in clarity and suppleness of my skin. Summer is usually rough on my skin due to sunscreen, salt, chlorine, sweat, and grime. This has really helped keep my skin even and happy!" —srk
Get it from Amazon for $21.97+ (available in two sizes).