33 Practical Things You’ve Probably Never Thought To Buy Before
🎵 And if you don't know, now you know. 🎵
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of delectably cute (and durable) cable protectors so your charger and headphone cords stop becoming frayed messes that end up not working anymore.
2. A homeopathic jet lag remedy that'll help keep you awake and on your feet on your multi–time zone travels.
3. The Stuff for dogs — a hypoallergenic conditioner for dematting your pup. It repels dirt, dust, and urine and protects your pet's coat so you can expect fewer tangles in the future.
4. A plant-based butt mask to smooth and soften your bottom. In only 10 minutes, you'll have the most beautiful cheeks this side of the Mississippi.
5. A pair of elastic anti-chafing thigh bands because you deserve to be able to wear dresses and skirts without your thighs rubbing themselves raw.
6. A pack of two airplane tray phone mounts so you can watch Ted Lasso on your phone or tablet without having to hold it the entire flight. Because you shouldn't have to rely on JetBlue's movie collection to stay entertained.
7. A serrated tomato-slicing knife that'll make slicing and dicing so effortless, you might just give Gordon Ramsay a run for his money.
9. A wrinkle-release spray because using an iron is so 2005. Got a wrinkly shirt? Spray, tug, and hang it to dry!
10. An under-the-cabinet jar opener because no tight lid will get in the way of you enjoying some good ol' Ragú.
12. An AeroGarden so you can easily grow your own herbs indoors! The control panel will tell you when it's time to water or feed your plants, so you don't have to worry about not having a green thumb.
13. Color Catcher sheets so your reds and blues don't turn your whites into tie-dye creations. Just toss one of these into the wash and it'll soak up all loose dyes!
14. A pack of two flexible dryer vent cleaners if you suspect trapped lint is causing your clothes to still come out kinda damp. Use this to get all that gunk out, which will also help to prevent dryer fires!
15. A book-tracking bookmark you can use to mark your reading progress. Write in all the books you've finished while holding your place in the book you're currently reading. No more dog-earing. Please.
16. A tonsil stone remover because good breath shouldn't be hiding between a rock and a hard place. This tool even has an LED light so you can gently and easily remove those odor-causing stones.
17. An attachable wine aerator that'll transport you to the most luxe of vineyards by infusing air into your wine in order to release its aromas.
20. An epilator for long-lasting hair removal that gets to ~the root~ of the problem! Easily go several weeks without needing to shave, so breezy dresses, shorts, and skirts stay at the top of your go-to pile.
21. A doggy travel bag complete with collapsible bowls and storage containers so Barky McBarkerson will have everything he needs on your hikes, plane rides, and road trips.
22. Bamboo charcoal shoe deodorizers if your gym buddy is holding their breath while spotting you on the bench press. They work to absorb odor and moisture that can cause funky smells.
23. A cute leather Bagnet because your favorite bar has amazing cocktails and dirty floors. You'll never have to put your purse on the ground as long as you have this sturdy bag magnet!
24. A cute macramé fruit hammock so you can take your collection of Granny Smiths off the counter because you need that space to make the pie you're gonna take to your Granny Smith.
25. The Pink Stuff that'll ensure no sticky saucepans, streaky stainless steel, or gunked-up glass shall prosper against you or this versatile cleaner. This can also remove those colorful drawings your kids left on your white walls.
Promising review: "THIS STUFF IS MAGIC. If you’re questioning getting this to clean harder stains or anything, this is your review to read! I was a little skeptical because I’ve tried many things to clean my shower door with the hard-water stains and nothing really ever got it completely clean...this stuff did! I wish I would have taken before pictures. It did take a couple applications and some scrubbing, but honestly I didn’t have to scrub hard, just used a wet cloth and this and my shower door is now completely clean without any hard water stains! I’m obsessed. Now to see what else I can clean with it." —Rachel Anne Deaton
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
26. A set of four acrylic canisters to easily store all your cotton swabs, cotton balls, and cotton pads. Keeping them in their cumbersome and drab cardboard and plastic packaging is not OK anymore.
Promising review: "This is a perfect size! I use reusable cotton rounds and I find it difficult to find a holder for them. Most are too small. These are large enough to fit my cotton rounds and cotton swabs. I couldn't be happier!" —Emily A. McKnight
Get it from Amazon for $10.49+ (available in two sizes and four colors).
27. An over-the-cabinet-door hair tools organizer because the inside of your bathroom sink is not actually a shelf.
Promising review: "My styling tools have always just been thrown in a drawer and get so tangled! I purchased this to try to get them more organized, plus I was running out of room. This is great!! It fits right over my cabinet door so it barely takes up any room. Plus all my styling tools fit in there." —Kaylen
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in three finishes).
28. A compact and rechargeable clip-on ring light so you look screen ready during every Zoom meeting and happy hour. Lights, camera, action!
29. A citrus-scented pet odor eliminator if, even after cleaning up after your kitty's mishaps and stains, there's still a lingering smell. Just spray on those spots and you'll be taking in whiffs of lovely orange peels soon enough.
30. A set of bedsheet detanglers so you don't have to spend hours in the jungle of your laundry trying to not get devoured by fitted sheets. These will also ensure your sheets actually dry instead of coming out like a moist hairball.
Promising review: "I was mildly skeptical, but it works exactly as promoted! I've used it five times and each time there's been no twisting of the sheets and no pillowcases balled up and still wet when the dryer goes off. Super helpful that it comes with two units, one for the top sheet and one for the fitted sheet, so I don't have to split them into separate loads. I no longer dread washing sheets and plan to buy some of these as gifts. LOVE it!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $18.99.
32. A remote control caddy because losing your Roku remote to the cushions or the whims of the monster under your couch is suuuper preventable. Or use it to store your phone so you're not distracted during movie nights.
D&L Awesome Living is a Vancouver, Canada–based Etsy shop with an array of lovely home goods from aprons and flatware sets to drying racks and lunch bags.
Promising review: "This is the best! Such great quality. I finally have a cute and functional place for remote/phone/hiding little things from our baby and toddler :). Arrived in a few days. Thanks so much!" —Emily Hildebrand
33. A water bottle organizer so you're not victim to an avalanche of Klean Kanteens whenever you open your kitchen cabinet
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.