We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A closet organizer you can use to hang clothes vertically, creating even more closet space!
Promising review: "Ok, I know it's dramatic to say I'm crying tears of joy, but I cannot say enough about how these hangers have transformed my tiny, odd-shaped closet. I was so desperate for more space, I was considering spending big bucks to have a professional come in and redesign the space. Then I found these and it's like my hanging space quadrupled! It feels downright luxurious in my closet now. I can see all my clothes and nothing is squished together like it used to be. I can also comfortably add a substantial amount of clothing and would still have room to grow. BUY THESE IMMEDIATELY!" —milanina77
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $13.99 (available in four pack sizes and two colors).
2. A pack of trendy, nonslip velvet hangers that take up less space in your closet, which means you can hang more in there. And with swivel hooks, you spend less time fighting your clothes and more time buying new ones.
Promising review: "These hangers are beautiful and functional, I just love them! They hold my clothes on the hanger to an extent I didn't think was possible. I can hang some of my sweaters and they don't get pulled out of shape because the velvet grips the fabric and the garment's weight is more gently distributed. I can't explain what a difference these made in my closet. Everything from tank tops to skirts to sweaters hangs beautifully on these. I use them exclusively, I threw out all my old plastic hangers. The rose gold color of the hooks is beautiful and gleams gently, adding some eye-catching sophistication to my closet. I like for my room to be pretty and photogenic, and these fit right in. I highly recommend them." —Campfire30
Get 50 hangers from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in two colors).
3. And a set of stainless-steel S-shaped hangers for all your pant, towel, and scarf storing needs!
4. Or a set of versatile, space-saving nonslip hangers — these can be used to hang pants, dresses, shirts and hoodies. These durable hangers won't buckle under the weight of your favorite dungarees. What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "I am very picky about my hangers, so I was not sure about trying these. But when I took them out of the box I fell in love with them! They are extremely thin and lightweight, so they save space. And I love that they have multiple hooks and bars and, of course, non-slip shoulders. This allows you to hang up pretty much anything without it moving around or falling off, and shirts hang nicely without getting those awful stretch marks on the shoulders! Very happy with this purchase and have already ordered another pack." —MamaD
Get 30 hangers from Amazon for $26.09.
5. A stackable storage container with a clear window so you don't have to tear through each one to figure out where your hats, blankets, or sweaters are.
Promising review: "These boxes were the perfect fit for storing seasonal clothing in my daughter's closet. They were so easy to pop up into position, and the sides are sturdy and stand up on their own without anything in the box. The window in front is a great addition, as I can see what is in the box. The best part for me is that the lid of the box is attached in the back. I would absolutely buy more of these if I needed more storage." —Luna
Get it from Amazon for $11.99 (available in four colors).
6. A set of 12 stackable shoe boxes because your shoes are currently situated in a chaotic mound on the floor of your closet. These ventilated bins are see-through, easy to open, and will keep your shoes perfectly organized.
Promising review: “I wear a size 10.5 in men's shoes and my shoes fit just fine. I bought six of these for my shoes so now I don't need to keep the boxes the shoes came in because these bins protect my shoes from everything. Love it. If I buy more shoes, I'll be getting more of these.” —Lou-Vair
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
7. Or, a hanging shoe organizer if you don't have the floor space to keep your shoes neatly arranged. With 24 sections, you'll be able to hang several pairs of shoes, keeping them both easily accessible and smartly stored.
Promising review: “I hung this in the entryway coat closet which had plenty of room. It's great! All the shoes are now organized instead of being in a pile on the closet floor. Two shoes fit in each slot so it's easy to keep pairs together. The fabric is strong and the frame is sturdy so this was a great buy!” —BD
Get it from Amazon for $22.97 (available in four colors).
8. A set of sturdy acrylic shelf dividers to help you make the most of your closet space. Easily organize your clothes, bags, and shoes so all the work you did cleaning your closet doesn't go to waste.
Promising review: "These dividers are made of sturdy acrylic and stand up straight on my closet shelves. Even with my handbags leaning against them, they do not bend over or lean. They are so easy to install a child could do it. Just follow the VERY simple instructions. If you wish to organize sweaters, purses, shirts, shoes, etc. these dividers will definitely do the the job!" —Bruce Spiess
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $28.99 (also available in packs of two).
9. A hanging closet organizer that'll make the most of your limited closet space! It has five sturdy shelves and six side pockets, so clutter doesn't stand a chance.
Promising review: "Great product. It only took a minute to assemble and hang. I am currently using it for jeans, slacks, shorts and sweaters. Despite having several garments in the cubbies, I haven't experienced any sag or compromised structural integrity. The six mesh pockets on the sides are great for small items like gloves, beanies, sunglasses, scarves, etc. Perfect for organizing the closet. I am very pleased with the price and quality." —kmsaky
Get it from Amazon for $11.87 (available in eight colors).
10. A double closet rod — literally double the amount of space you can hang your clothes in. Just hang this from your closet rod to create more hanger space!
Promising reviews: "I purchased two after moving into a new apartment with only one closet rod and limited storage space. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of putting in a second rod, nor did I want to drill holes into the wall of a rented apartment. These are perfect! Two filled out the length of my normal-sized closet perfectly." —KD
“This double clothes rod is a great quality item. I love clothes, and I have too many crowded together. So, I bought this and was amazed at the quality. On my upper (regular) rod I have slacks, short sleeve and long sleeve blouses, and sweatshirts crowded together. This rod was very easy to assemble and holds 42 of my long sleeve blouses and sweatshirts.” —SeaSideGal
Get it from Amazon for $20.99.
11. A set of three large storage bins with handles so you can easily organize your clothes and pull them out right when you need 'em.
Promising review: “I was looking for a closet glow-up and these storage bins provided just that. They fold up and can be compactly stored when not in use. However, when opened they keep their shape and don't collapse. Also were surprisingly roomy. Not to mention they have a cute design that added cohesion to my closet. In my opinion, they were a bit pricey but I loved them so much I purchased two more 4-packs to organize my hall closet. VERY PLEASED!” —Jill Kenny
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in several sizes and colors).
12. A hanging over-the-door purse organizer if your mighty collection of purses are untidily stacked on the floor of your closet.
Promising review: "This has been a lifesaver for me! My purses are no longer all over the floor in my closet. They all fit nicely on here. I love this so much. The packaging was nice and everything came in perfect condition. I have about 10 purses on it right now and it's really nice and strong. It fits on my door perfectly but you do have to push on the door a bit in order for it to fully close and open. However, that is not a problem for me at all. It's very easy for me to see all my purses now and my closet is no longer a mess. From other reviews I've seen, I know this can definitely hold a lot of weight and way more bags then I have on it. I love the way it looks!" —Jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $29.95.
13. A pack of hanging vacuum bags that'll save you sooo much closet space, you might just be inclined to buy more clothes. And I can't hold that against you.
Protect your out-of-season clothes without having to pack them away in a faraway attic!
Promising review: "Bought these storage bags two weeks ago to pack my winter clothes for summer, and they did the job perfectly. They are large and sturdy. I like its five-hook design. I can store five women's jackets or four big men's jackets in ONE bag. The long bags also fit my dresses. The biggest reason I bought these bags is that I do not need to fold my seasonal clothes; just hang, zip, vacuum, done! Super convenient. Extremely happy with this space bags. I will definitely order more!" —Jia Yan
Get a set of four from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in five colors).
14. A hanging closet organizer — fit up to 20 rolled shirts on this organizer if your drawers are so overrun it takes you forever to find the one shirt you're actually looking for. Make getting dressed in the morning as quick and easy as pulling a shirt out of a roll!
The Roll Keeper is a woman-owned small business helping you keep your closet and your home organized.
"I'm a mom, partner, and grammy to twins! I am a lifelong crafter, seamstress (yes, I used that word!), and disorganized person. I designed the Roll Keeper to help me organize my mess and then shared it to help others organize theirs!" —The Roll Keeper founder, Traci.
Promising review: “This is such a neat tool! I’m so impressed, and I’m so glad I found it! I was hanging up all my T-shirts, and I have cleared up so much room in my closet now! I thought it might be a hassle to have to take the shirts in and out of it whenever you wanted to wear one, and it isn’t at all. I also added my leggings to it as well, which cleared up room in my dresser. If you’re thinking about it, JUST BUY IT! You won’t regret it!” —caseyjoy9716
15. A pair of cap racks so your collection of baseball caps aren't crowding the tops of your dressers and other random corners and surfaces of your room. Just clip them to this hanger and voila!
Promising review: “I am bald so I always wear a hat. I have quite a selection and things were getting messy. I found these and they are my solution. They were easy to install. I have 20 caps in a small area of my closet and it is easy to find the hat I want. It also helps keep my hats in nice shape.” —Doc
Get them from Amazon for $11.98.