1. A weed puller with a long handle so you don't have to bend down to fight a weed's tough roots with your bare hands. Get your summer garden in tip-top shape!
Promising review: “Oh my god, I friggin' love this tool. I bought this on a whim given my husband and I bought our first house and know nothing about caring for a yard and boy has it come in handy. Our new house had a ton of weeds in the front yard and this tool helped me get most of them out in no time. In fact, the process of yanking out the weed was strangely satisfying! I don't think anyone can say that weeding is fun but this tool made it as close to fun as you can get” —JG
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
2. A 4-in-1 soil moisture and pH meter that can also measure nutrients and light conditions, which help you to best take care of your plants. Just stick the probe into the soil deeper than 2.5 inches and get test results in seconds! Keeping your plants happy = great curb appeal.
Promising review: "I'm so happy I got this meter. It works great and it's easy to use. I wish I had bought this a long time ago. Living in the Arizona desert, I tend to overwater some of my pots in the summer, eventually killing some plants. With this meter I can check all my potted plants and get an accurate reading of moisture and what nutrients are needed. I love it!!" —Grandma Susi
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
3. A weather-resistant cedar pathway if you'd prefer folks NOT walk on your well-kept grass. I mean, you've worked really hard to make sure your lawn is *chef's kiss* so I get it.
4. A compact Weber grill because it's barbecue season and you can't be the grill master without, well, a grill. This is perfect for anyone with limited outdoor space!
5. And a magnetic barbecue light so you can keep the kabob party going all night long.
Promising review: "These grill lights are exactly what I needed! They light up the area so well. The magnets are strong, and the ability to direct the light where needed is great. The package they came in is perfect to store them in when not in use! I have recommended these to several people who also think they are great. I was worried they would be cheap and maybe not have a lot of magnetic hold to them, but they do!!" —LC
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
6. A set of metal hanging flower pots for an added splash of color! Give your seedlings a fun home to blossom in.
Promising review: "Lovely colorful flower pots. Perfect size to hold a single flower and they add such a nice pop of color to my yard. Very easy to hang up, no hardware required! I’m getting a lot of compliments on them. I bought several sets and planted bright flowers in them. I have them lining the inside of my yard and on the front of the house. They add a lot a cheer and homeyness for a simple and cheap project." —Maegan
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in multicolor, black, and white).
7. A cute and powerful citronella candle that's also smokeless so you don't end up choking on fumes just to keep mosquitoes away.
8. Or a pack of deet-free mosquito-repellent incense sticks containing five plant-based repellant oils (including citronella) to help keep bugs away.
Murphy's Naturals is a small biz using plant-based ingredients to create products that'll help you better enjoy the outdoors.
Promising review: "Keeps the bugs away. I use them on buggy days when I am gardening and they work. You do have to keep it close, 5–10 feet from where you are working, but I like the scent so it is fine by me. Very long burning. This is a big incense stick and burns 2–3 hours. I have scratched it out and saved it for the next day if I only needed for an hour. Works great in a deck/porch/yard setting as well. I highly recommend." —bjk312
9. A fume-free oven cleaner so you don't have to bake all your new summer recipes (that blueberry pie looks particularly good) in a crusted over oven. This heavy-duty cleaner can remove grime, stains, and caked-on food!
Promising review: "I am amazed at this stuff. I’ve lived in my house for three years, and I had never cleaned my oven. I doubt the previous owners ever did either. It was a blackened, grody mess. I sprayed a heavy coat of this stuff all over the inside and let it sit for awhile. Then I got to scraping and wiping. I couldn’t believe how much rock-hard soot came off. I gave some stubborn spots a second coat, and eventually had the entire thing looking new. It’s a miracle spray." —GinHum
Get it from Amazon for $8.98.
10. An outdoor inflatable ottoman because you deserve to literally kick your feet up and relax. Especially in your backyard. These ottoman covers are water- and fade-resistant!
Just inflate the interior pouf and stick it inside the water-resistant printed cover.
Promising review: "Love these! Ordered two more. The fabric is very nice and sturdy especially for outdoors. The inflatable part appears to be good quality. How to: Place inflatable inside of cover before inflating it. Do not inflate to full capacity or it will look like an inflatable and will not rest in a nice flat position. Far nicer than I imagined. They look great flanking my outdoor rattan sectional." —Cali g
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in 11 styles).
11. A garbage guard if you've ever opened your trash can in the summer just to be welcomed by a host of pests. These not only kill insects but also prevent future infestations. And don't worry, it's completely odorless (though I can't say that about your trash).
Promising review: "Got an outdoor can, the kind the mechanical arm on the garbage truck picks up and tips over, with the lid opening by gravity. Placed this on the inside of the lid, near the hinge to lessen the chances of it being scraped off during emptying and no flies/maggots! No apparent odor, just seems to put a big hurt on the fly party that used to be my trash can (litter box contents, remnants of meat, etc.)." —Michael E. Bradley
Get it from Amazon for $8.95.
12. A waterproof pop-up leaf collector that's essentially an oversized dustpan to help you clear your yard of debris. Just lay it down flat, collect leaves and twigs onto it, then fold it up like a taco to transfer it to a trash can.
Oh, and it folds up into the included carrying case for easy storage in the off-season.
Promising review: "I was able to pick up my leaves in record time using this leaf collector. I wish I had know about it years ago. It would have saved me so much money hiring people to do my leaves. I have told everyone I know about this product. They are all amazed when they see the video I did showing how I raked the leaves on the leaf collector. Folded up the ends like a taco and put it in the bag and released. SO EASY! Absolutely worth the money." —Ronnie
Get it from Amazon for $25.95.
13. A pack of solar-powered motion-activated lights to help you navigate your outdoor space without tripping on a rake, a hose, or a twig (oh my!). It's also perfect for keeping an eye on your pup when they're ~going~ outside.
Promising review: "I purchased these to cover the side of my house. Installation was easy and I left them outside for two days to charge. The light coverage was about what I expected from them and do the job well. The motion sensitivity covers all the side and lights turn on. It has rained about three times and still work great and hoping they last for a long time." —J. Argueta
Get a set of four from Amazon for $29.99.
14. A pet hair remover so you can have guests over this summer without worrying about their clothes getting covered in your fur baby's hair. You'll be able to reclaim your couch from the mob of fur that's been calling it home in a few quick swipes. And because it doesn't use disposable adhesive strips, you can use this thing over and over and over and over and...
Promising review: "We rescued a little couch dog from the pound. I was weary of her little furrrrrs getting all over our previously pristine couches and knew that I'd need some sort of solution. I was willing to buy the lint rollers with sheets you rip off but was hoping for a better and less wasteful option. This thing works GREAT. I was so doubtful of it being the miracle product that so many of the reviews claim it to be. But it really is! A family member came by today and I swiped this baby over my couch a few times, emptied it into the trash, and you can't even tell a dog has been sleeping there. Highly recommend investing in this!" —JT
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
15. A high-voltage bug zapper because being outside is supposed to be fun, not a battle against the bloodsuckers. This will also get at those annoying gnats, moths, and flies zooming around.
Promising review: "You will not be disappointed. I just moved out to the country and have been working out in the garage late at night. With the weather getting warmer, I've had the garage doors opened and mosquitos, gnats, and everything else have been finding their way into my garage, so I had to do something about it. I bought this and hung it next to my garage door opener because there's an outlet there and it is way better than expected. I have dead bees, stink bugs, gnats, mosquitoes, and other bugs that I do not know what they are. My 8-year-old son keeps asking me to remove the bottom tray so he can see all of the dead bugs that got zapped. Again, you will not be disappointed, I'm extremely happy I bought this!" —