31 Hair Products From Target That Reviewers Think Are Worth Every Penny
How moisturizing is this moisture milk? How nourishing is this shampoo? Get all the deets on the must-have hair products reviewers think are totally worth the money.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sulfate-free L'Oréal Paris Scalp Scrub designed for all hair types in need of a salon-quality treatment without having to shell out the big bucks. Gently scrub away irritants from your scalp as you enjoy some much-needed relaxation that's good for your skin, scalp, and soul. Plus, it's suitable for all hair types. Score!
2. A multifunctional ceramic flat iron that's lauded by reviewers for straightening thick curly hair in only three passes — so the days of you having to spends hours in the mirror styling your mane and dealing with sore arms are over. Not to mention, it's super-cute marble design comes in handy to add some pizzazz to your hair-styling collection.
3. A sea salt spray that is the perfect recipe for creating beachy, wavy strands in a flash. You'll also appreciate that you can style straight, wavy, or curly hair without the fuss. Spray into dry or damp hair and style with your fingers and ta-da, you'll have waves to play with.
4. A TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask perfect for going the extra mile to hydrate your strands from root to tip. It has raw honey for softer, shinier tresses and jojoba and olive oils, which nourish and heals all hair textures in need of repair. As a result, this Black-woman owned pick will give you one of the best hair days of your life.
5. A tube of The Mane Choice pre-poo aka the answer to helping textured hair types smooth away knots, tangles, and make your wash day 10 times easier. This Black-founded brand also comes in major clutch if you're looking to add more Black woman-founded brands to your shopping list.
6. A bottle of Kaleidoscope Hair Drops for anyone looking to revamp their haircare routine. You can count on these hair drops to combat dry scalp, aid in hair loss, and offer a lightweight shine to all hair types. And it helps with hair growth. Don't you love a product that checks all the boxes?
7. A Remington blow-dryer to protect color-treated hair and other hair types from damage when styling or the static-y feel that comes with using traditional heat-styling tools. It's also the perfect solution for drying your hair without using excess heat, thanks to its three heat and speed settings. Ladies and gents, this is what we call a must-have essential.
8. A set of leatherette scrunchies made from faux leather material that makes holding your hair in place oh-so-easy — sans the fear of snagging or damaging your mane. With fun and bright colors that offer a unique twist to your look, these scrunchies will become your go-to for making a bold statement.
9. An apple cider vinegar rinse that helps dandruff-prone manes remove irritants, excess oils, and restore your hair with natural shine. And one more thing: make sure to use it on dry hair before shampooing — that why you'll give your mane a soothing cleanse for instant relief.
10. A Dove dry shampoo for those who loathe the look of super-greasy hair. This essential is designed to tide your hair over until your next wash session, since it absorbs excess oils, cleanses and refreshes your mane. Plus, you'll be able to pump up the volume with every use — it's just that good.
11. A curling custard that, per the reviews, is considered to be the holy grail curly hair product. This baby hydrates and defines your curls which will make everyone else go green with envy.
12. A hair detangler for knotty hair strands that just won't budge. This hydrating find powers through the most difficult tangles to leave you with smooth strands without the fear of breakage. Plus, this baby is another Black-owned essential.
13. A tube of Got2Be Styling Gel that is the creme de la creme for all hair types that struggle to keep stubborn and unruly strands in place. This baby is so powerful, you won't have to worry about reapplying through the day.
14. An edge control guaranteed to keep baby hairs on fleek. Aloe, vitamin E, coconut oil, and castor oil are its leading ingredients so you'll be able to keep your strands in place while imparting moisture to textured hair types. It's a double win!
15. A Garnier Fructis Styling Mousse that allows you to leave your curling iron behind and create salon-quality curls all on your own. Work the curly hair mousse evenly through slightly damp hair. Create ringlet curls by wrapping hair around finger, then blow-dry with diffuser and presto — definition without frizz.
16. A braid moisturizing spray – it seeps under your woven style to hydrate your strands with ease and keep an itchy scalp at bay — no massaging into your scalp and mane involved! Bonus: It's suitable for all hair types and textures.
17. A hooded hair dryer attachment that will come to the rescue when your hair takes super long to dry. This baby is designed with ventilation holes for faster, even, damage-free heat distribution. And it features an adjustable chin strap and drawstring to fit all head sizes perfectly. It's the perfect complement for all hair textures when blow-drying.
18. A Camille Rose moisture milk for those who need help supplying their strands with lasting moisture. This Black-owned essential protects your hair from heat damage, shedding, and breakage along with moisturizing your strands. Consider this your partner-in-moisture to revive textured hair with lasting hydration.
19. A multifunctional leave-in spray that covers all the bases when it comes to your haircare routine. Trust this baby to repair dry, damaged hair, smooth and control frizz, and seal and protect hair color. This nourishing find is suited for all hair types and gives a picture-perfect mane with every use.
20. A deeply hydrating co-wash so you can cleanse and moisturize textured strands without the long wash day routine. It applies to hair like butter and makes it soft and manageable.
21. A Revlon Hair Dryer and Volumizer loved by reviewers because it provides major volume in an instant. Having to worry about blow drying and styling your hair to achieve bounce and body is officially yesterday's news.
22. A Mielle Organics hair strengthening oil with rosemary mint that works around the clock to aid in your hair growth journey. Since you only need a few drops daily to see some progress, you can expect this baby to go the distance. This Black-woman owned staple pairs well with all hair types.
23. A bottle of Dove coconut and hydration shampoo because this will be your saving grace when preventing dryness — no matter your hair type. It protects hair from daily wear and tear, leaves your hair soft and smooth, and packs on the moisture.
24. A Carol's Daughter jelly to cream conditioner that can instantly straight, curly, and kinky textures from the roots to ends and minimize tangles. It layers hair with moisture and give your strands a rejuvenating boost. No dry hair allowed!
25. A Herbal Essences hair oil mist — it's a no brainer for your haircare collection, since it softens, adds shine, and helps fight frizz. Plus, it's made with sustainably sourced aloe.
26. A Remington curling wand, because this heat-styling tool packs a mighty punch. This baby has a silk ceramic barrel that helps you create gorgeous spiral curls while keeping your hair smooth to touch.
27. A John Frieda touch-up creme that's well known in the beauty world for transforming thirsty hair into smooth, glossy locks and tames frizz and flyaways. It also helps to disguise split-ends to keep all hair types in tip-top shape.
28. An OGX quick-drying thermal spray designed to shield your strands from flat-irons, curling irons, hair wavers, and other heat-styling tools. Spray it throughout your hair before styling to protect your mane from heat damage.
29. A Remington hair setter — it'll become your best friend since it allows you to sculpt beautiful curls with dual heated technology. Suitable for all hair types, it sets curls in just five minutes — which is a plus for the hairstyling-challenged.
30. An Aussie Total Miracle conditioner to help give damaged hair the reset it needs to look and feel its best. It's designed with all hair textures in mind and works to strengthen, protect, smooth and hydrate hair.
31. A mini hair brush that's the true epitome of being gentle on your hair. It has a plastic paddle design and boasts a compact shape which makes it easy to tote in your purse every day. And it's budget-friendly too!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.