for 4 servings
1 pt (480 mL) heavy cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pinch salt
topping of your choice
1. Whisk the heavy cream, condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.
2. Pour the mixture over a half sheet pan, or multiple quarter sheet pans. Make sure the ice cream base just barely covers the bottom. It should be ¼-inch (6 mm) thick or less.
3. Sprinkle any chopped-up toppings you would like. With a whisk, mix the toppings into the ice cream base to ensure they’re evenly distributed.
4. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Make sure to also put your scrapers and ice cream bowls in the freezer so the ice cream doesn’t melt while rolling.
5. After the ice cream is frozen solid, remove from the freezer and quickly place the metal spatula/paint scraper at an 45° angle against the edge of the pan, pushing carefully forward. If the ice cream needs a little help forming, use a butter knife to push the sheet of cream into the roll.
6, Place the rolled ice cream in a chilled bowl and top with any toppings you desire.