for 16 sliders
2 lb ground beef (905 g)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
8 oz cheddar cheese block, 2 blocks (225 g)
2 packages hawaiian sweet roll
roma tomato, sliced
red onion, sliced
1. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Combine until the meat is evenly seasoned.
2. Roll into 16 meatballs and set aside.
3. Cut each cheddar cheese block into 8 cubes (totaling 16 cubes).
4. Press the cheddar cheese cube into the meatball and wrap the meat around it, completely covering the cheese.
5. Preheat a skillet on medium heat for 10 minutes. After preheated, carefully coat with a light layer of oil with a high smoke point (we used canola oil).
6. Add sliders to the pan, frying on the first side until the bottom is browned and crisp and the sides begin to brown (about 2-4 minutes, depending on the desired doneness). Flip and finish cooking on the other side.
7. Serve immediately on Hawaiian sweet rolls with your favorite burger garnishes. (We added Roma tomatoes, red onion, lettuce, and Sriracha mayo.)