BBQ-Chicken Monkey Bread Ring
for 8 servings
13.8 oz pizza dough, 2 packages (390 g)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (300 g)
1 cup red onion, chopped (150 g)
2 cups chicken, shredded and cooked (250 g)
1 ¼ cups BBQ sauce, divided (350 g)
nonstick cooking spray
fresh cilantro, finely chopped, for serving
Cut the pizza dough tubes in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces, and roll into balls.
1. Place the pizza dough balls in a large bowl, then add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss gently with your hands to coat.
2. Add the mozzarella and onion and toss gently with your hands until evenly distributed.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
4. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and ¼ cup (65 g) of barbecue sauce. 5. Add to the bowl with the dough balls and toss gently with your hands to incorporate.
6. Fill the bottom of a 9-inch (22 cm) cake pan with dough balls, make sure not to pack them too tightly. Spray the outside of a small oven-safe bowl with nonstick spray and place on top of the dough balls in the middle of the pan. Fill the area around the bowl with the remaining dough balls.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops of the dough balls begin to turn light brown.
8. Remove from the oven. Use tongs to remove the small bowl and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the tops of the dough balls are golden brown and bubbling.
9. Fill the bowl indent with the remaining cup of barbecue sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.