1. This is Malala Yousafzai. Last year, the Taliban shot her on her school bus in Pakistan because she was campaigning for universal education and girls’ rights.
2. She was flown to the U.K. for surgery to repair the damage the bullet caused to her brain. She is now back at school and continues to be an activist for every child’s right to education.
3. Today is her 16th birthday. And because she’s so awesome and fearless the United Nations has declared it Malala Day! She just gave her first public speech about the importance of universal education at the U.N. headquarters in New York.
Happy Birthday #Malala! Looking forward to hearing about your speech today at the @UN #YouthAssembly! http://t.co/bKgZ39ydXC
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.