1. Heroic commuters pushed a 32-ton train car to save a woman trapped between the train and the platform in Tokyo.
A woman in her 30s slipped and fell into the 20-centimeter gap between the train and the platform during Monday’s rush hour in Saitama near Tokyo.
After a public announcement about the trapped woman, around 40 passengers helped the railway staff push the 32-ton train car to rescue her. The amazing act was captured by a local news photographer.
The woman was pulled out uninjured to collective cheers, and eight minutes later the train took off.
Hurrah for humanity!
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."