1. Heroic commuters pushed a 32-ton train car to save a woman trapped between the train and the platform in Tokyo.
A woman in her 30s slipped and fell into the 20-centimeter gap between the train and the platform during Monday’s rush hour in Saitama near Tokyo.
After a public announcement about the trapped woman, around 40 passengers helped the railway staff push the 32-ton train car to rescue her. The amazing act was captured by a local news photographer.
The woman was pulled out uninjured to collective cheers, and eight minutes later the train took off.
Hurrah for humanity!
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀