2. These acts were already illegal under church law, but are now specifically illegal in Vatican City, which is home to hundreds of people including clergy.
3. This is part of the Pope’s efforts to update the Vatican’s legal system. In the previous law, sexual crimes were vaguely listed as a crime against “good customs.” They can now be punished by up to 12 years in prison.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding in the phones📱🔥
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹