1. Three Al Jazeera journalists were among the six defendants on trial for allegedly supporting or belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood, which was designated as a terrorist organization, at Cairo’s Tora Prison on Wednesday, March 5.
The journalists appeared in a caged dock wearing white prison uniforms during their trial in the prison’s makeshift courtroom.
3. The high-profile case has sparked a global outcry over the restrictions on the freedom of press by Egypt’s military-backed interim government.
Egypt has been ranked the third deadliest destination for journalists in 2013 by the Committee to Protect Journalists. At least five journalists have been killed, and as many as 45 assaulted since July 2013.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.