1. A priest in the Philippines is in trouble after a video showing him singing a Christmas song while riding a hoverboard during Mass has gone viral.
2. A video of the incident posted on Facebook on Dec. 26 had more than 14 million views as of Tuesday.
Several parishioners are seen cheering and clapping in the video as the priest rolls around the nave like a pro.
According to a statement from the diocese, the priest, who has not been identified, sang a Christmas song while riding the hoverboard around the church as a way of greeting his parishioners during the Christmas Eve Mass.
“[The Mass] is the Church’s highest form of worship,” the diocese said. “Consequently, it is not a personal celebration where one can capriciously introduce something to get the attention of the people.”
6. “The priest said that it was a wake up call for him; he acknowledged that his action was not right and promised that it will not happen again,” the statement said.
Priest Reportedly Suspended For Riding A Hoverboard During Mass
SHARE YOUR RESULTS
- President Trump delivered a fiery campaign-style speech to about 9,000 adoring supporters in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday afternoon.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- A gay teen was kicked out of his house, and people are loving how this rapper helped him out 🌈 💜