1. A priest in the Philippines is in trouble after a video showing him singing a Christmas song while riding a hoverboard during Mass has gone viral.
2. A video of the incident posted on Facebook on Dec. 26 had more than 14 million views as of Tuesday.
Several parishioners are seen cheering and clapping in the video as the priest rolls around the nave like a pro.
According to a statement from the diocese, the priest, who has not been identified, sang a Christmas song while riding the hoverboard around the church as a way of greeting his parishioners during the Christmas Eve Mass.
“[The Mass] is the Church’s highest form of worship,” the diocese said. “Consequently, it is not a personal celebration where one can capriciously introduce something to get the attention of the people.”
6. “The priest said that it was a wake up call for him; he acknowledged that his action was not right and promised that it will not happen again,” the statement said.
Priest Reportedly Suspended For Riding A Hoverboard During Mass
SHARE YOUR RESULTS
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦