1. Updated — June 17, 12:55 p.m. ET:
2. The National Weather Service said Tuesday that the storm that struck Nebraska Monday appears to have produced four tornadoes.
Above, two massive tornadoes ripped through the Stanton, Neb., area Monday afternoon.
At least two people were killed during the storms, officials said.
3. Two tornadoes were seen on the ground simultaneously near the town of Wisner.
5. And they were captured on video near the small town of Pilger.
6. One of the tornadoes was then seen ripping through Pilger, hurling debris into the air.
7. One storm chaser had a very close encounter with the twister as it crossed the highway.
8. The tornado caused significant damage in Pilger.
Tim Nelson searches for survivors in Pilger.
11. Weatherholt said the south half of the town was leveled, but almost all of it was damaged by the tornado.
12. “It was like God dragged two fingernails across the land,” Gregg Moeller of Wisner told the Norfolk Daily News while describing the “unbelievable” damage caused by the tornadoes.
13. By 6 p.m. the town was filled with ambulances and fire trucks from across the region.
Rick Wimer (left) and Steven Brune, both with West Point volunteer fire raise a flag in front of the Pilger Senior Center.
A police officer exits the Wisner-Pilger Middle School after checking for people stuck inside.
15. The twin tornadoes resembled those seen during the Palm Sunday outbreak of 1965 where 137 people were killed — the deadliest tornado outbreak in Indiana history.
18. Aerial footage of the damage:
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️