Mattel’s line of creep-chic Monster High dolls are way more popular than good ol’ Barbie. They have names like Frankie Stein, Draculaura, Clawdeen Wolf, and Ghoulia Yelps. They all attend Monster High - a school for freaks and enjoy activities like snowboarding. One of them is also vegan.
In just three years, Monster High has become a billion dollar brand, outperforming regular Barbie dolls. Kiyomi Haverly, Mattel’s vice president of design told NPR that they were surprised by Goth Barbies’ success. “We just noticed girls were into darker goth fashion,” she said.
5. Girls were also into this.
6. Apparently little girls prefer fishnets and horn-rimmed “nerd glasses” to blonde hair and beauteous smiles.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkish's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- A Jimmy John's employee was robbed at gunpoint and video footage shows how chill he was through the whole thing 😂😳