Mattel’s line of creep-chic Monster High dolls are way more popular than good ol’ Barbie. They have names like Frankie Stein, Draculaura, Clawdeen Wolf, and Ghoulia Yelps. They all attend Monster High - a school for freaks and enjoy activities like snowboarding. One of them is also vegan.
In just three years, Monster High has become a billion dollar brand, outperforming regular Barbie dolls. Kiyomi Haverly, Mattel’s vice president of design told NPR that they were surprised by Goth Barbies’ success. “We just noticed girls were into darker goth fashion,” she said.
5. Girls were also into this.
6. Apparently little girls prefer fishnets and horn-rimmed “nerd glasses” to blonde hair and beauteous smiles.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰