1. An NBC New York and Wall Street Journal poll conducted Wednesday revealed that Weiner’s favorability among registered city Democrats has taken a hit after news of his recent Internet indiscretions were revealed. It has dropped from 52% to 30% since June.
Anthony Weiner visited a Brooklyn soup kitchen on Thursday.
Weiner has lost his lead over City Council Speaker Christine Quinn in the Democratic primary. He is now tied with public advocate Bill de Blasio and former comptroller Bill Thompson.
His flirtatious online behavior with as many as 10 women has led 46% of Democrats to believe that the sexting scandal will matter to them considerably in their decision on who to support.
In a news conference at a Brooklyn soup kitchen on Thursday, Weiner said that says he exchanged racy messages with as many as three women after resigning from Congress.
Weiner, who is married to Huma Abedin, said he’s “working with people” to help in dealing with his behavior, but asserted that it was not an addiction.
3. Read More:
- Donald Trump keeps questioning the veracity of polls and saying he's actually winning, even as most polls show he's behind.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- "She's not responsible for the journalism mistakes": Why Jackie won't be outed in the Rolling Stone trial.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏