The Rajya Rani Express was given the clearance to pass through the three-track station in the east Indian state of Bihar. However, hundreds of pilgrims visiting a local temple had alighted from two other trains and were crossing the tracks when the high speed train ran them over. The devotees thought they would be able to stop the train.
The driver pulled the emergency brake but could not stop the train in time, according to a railway ministry official.
6. Indians took to Twitter to protest against the violent riot incited by the mob. The Times reported that the train driver may have been lynched by the crowd.
Crime 1: Encroaching on Railway Track. Crime 2: Killing Railway Driver/ burning Rail Coach. They deserve Punishment, not Compensation #Bihar/ Via
Govt should provide compensation to the Train Driver who was lynched by mob and arrest the culprits. No other compensation/ Via
OMG! Bihar train driver lynched as train ran over some dickheads walking on railway tracks?! Hideous! Barbarism, thy name is Bihar. SHIT!/ Via
Instead of asking for resignation I hope our leaders could show some leadership & caution people not to cross tracks #Bihar train tragedy/ Via
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it — and it could get worse ❌📰