The Rajya Rani Express was given the clearance to pass through the three-track station in the east Indian state of Bihar. However, hundreds of pilgrims visiting a local temple had alighted from two other trains and were crossing the tracks when the high speed train ran them over. The devotees thought they would be able to stop the train.
The driver pulled the emergency brake but could not stop the train in time, according to a railway ministry official.
6. Indians took to Twitter to protest against the violent riot incited by the mob. The Times reported that the train driver may have been lynched by the crowd.
Crime 1: Encroaching on Railway Track. Crime 2: Killing Railway Driver/ burning Rail Coach. They deserve Punishment, not Compensation #Bihar/ Via
Govt should provide compensation to the Train Driver who was lynched by mob and arrest the culprits. No other compensation/ Via
OMG! Bihar train driver lynched as train ran over some dickheads walking on railway tracks?! Hideous! Barbarism, thy name is Bihar. SHIT!/ Via
Instead of asking for resignation I hope our leaders could show some leadership & caution people not to cross tracks #Bihar train tragedy/ Via
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩