1. Boston Marathon bombing survivor James Costello got married to Krista D’Agostino, the nurse he fell in love with during his recovery last year.
The couple’s ceremony took place in Boston on Saturday, Aug. 23.
2. Costello was the survivor featured in the one of the most iconic images of the Boston Marathon bombing.
The bombing left him badly burned while three of his friends lost a leg each.
3. The couple’s adorable love story began when Costello, 31, was admitted to the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital after undergoing multiple surgeries for burn and shrapnel injuries.
They had common friends but had never met until he ended up as a patient in the hospital where D’Agostino was a nurse on a six-week temporary assignment. The two began talking when she entered his room to change the dressing on his leg and he invited her to a benefit.
5. “One thing that she hates that I always say is I’m actually glad I got blown up,” Costello told the Today Show in an interview last year.
“I wish everyone else didn’t have to. But I don’t think I would have ever met her if I didn’t,” Costello said after his engagement to D’Agostino last December.
6. The happy couple left for their honeymoon in Hawaii on Tuesday.
- Baylor University's president and football coach have been removed for failing to address a team sexual assaults scandal for years.
- Here we go: Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to be the Republican presidential nominee.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.