1. Devi Budhathoki, a 38-year-old woman from Nepal, along with three of her children, suffer from a very rare disease called Congenital Hypertrichosis Lanuginosa which causes excessive body hair growth. It is sometimes referred to as werewolf syndrome.
Devi Budhathoki, 38, poses for a photograph on Sept. 14, before undergoing laser hair removal treatment in Karay, Dolkha District, 118 miles northeast of Kathmandu, Nepal.
2. Mandira Budhathoki, 7.
3. Niraj Budhathoki, 12.
4. Manjura Budhathoki, 14.
8. The family traveled from their remote village in the mountains in north Nepal to undergo laser hair removal near the capital of Kathmandu.
Devi has her blood pressure checked at the health clinic in Kharay.
Nara Bahadur Budhathoki, 65, (L) speaks to his son Niraj and daughter Mandira as they look out of the window of their house in Kharay.
12. Devi and her two oldest children, Manjura and Niraj, underwent the non-invasive procedures to remove some of the unwanted hair.
Niraj, 12, winces while undergoing laser hair removal treatment at Dhulikhel Hospital in Kavre, on the outskirts of Kathmandu on Oct. 22.
Devi is shaved by a nurse before undergoing laser hair removal treatment.
Niraj (back, 3rd R) sits with his friends at the school playground in Kharay on Sept. 15.
Niraj (L) and his younger sister Mandira doing their homework.
17. “My son has told his friends that he will be back with a new face and they can no longer tease him,” Devi said.
20. “My children have talked about the new life ever since we received the word that the hospital is going to treat us,” she continued.
Devi looks at her daughter Manjura’s face after it was shaved during laser hair removal treatment.
Devi and her children are all smiles after undergoing the hair removal treatment.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- People are melting after a girl shared photos of her pitbull on Twitter in order to speak out against laws banning the animal 🐶😭