1. Devi Budhathoki, a 38-year-old woman from Nepal, along with three of her children, suffer from a very rare disease called Congenital Hypertrichosis Lanuginosa which causes excessive body hair growth. It is sometimes referred to as werewolf syndrome.
Devi Budhathoki, 38, poses for a photograph on Sept. 14, before undergoing laser hair removal treatment in Karay, Dolkha District, 118 miles northeast of Kathmandu, Nepal.
2. Mandira Budhathoki, 7.
3. Niraj Budhathoki, 12.
4. Manjura Budhathoki, 14.
8. The family traveled from their remote village in the mountains in north Nepal to undergo laser hair removal near the capital of Kathmandu.
Devi has her blood pressure checked at the health clinic in Kharay.
Nara Bahadur Budhathoki, 65, (L) speaks to his son Niraj and daughter Mandira as they look out of the window of their house in Kharay.
12. Devi and her two oldest children, Manjura and Niraj, underwent the non-invasive procedures to remove some of the unwanted hair.
Niraj, 12, winces while undergoing laser hair removal treatment at Dhulikhel Hospital in Kavre, on the outskirts of Kathmandu on Oct. 22.
Devi is shaved by a nurse before undergoing laser hair removal treatment.
Niraj (back, 3rd R) sits with his friends at the school playground in Kharay on Sept. 15.
Niraj (L) and his younger sister Mandira doing their homework.
17. “My son has told his friends that he will be back with a new face and they can no longer tease him,” Devi said.
20. “My children have talked about the new life ever since we received the word that the hospital is going to treat us,” she continued.
Devi looks at her daughter Manjura’s face after it was shaved during laser hair removal treatment.
Devi and her children are all smiles after undergoing the hair removal treatment.
- The World Health Organization says there is "no public health justification" for postponing or moving the Rio Olympics because of Zika virus.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️