1. Set up a balloon drop over their bedroom door or have them run though them on their way out the front door!
And the balloon drop is MUCH easier to set up than you think! But no matter what you do, balloons will definitely get their sprits up on the first day!
2. Have an impromptu dance party during breakfast!
3. Surprise them with an awesome (and easy) DIY painted backpack they can show off.
4. And fill that backpack with some school supplies that add a personal touch.
Take your "first day" pictures up a notch with some clever props!
Have them pose with these awesome first-day-of-school banners. Or have them pose with a framed picture of last year's first-day picture to see how much your little baby has grown!
5. Be the hero parent of the neighborhood and bring fun activities for the kids to do while waiting for the bus!
Sidewalk chalk? Hula hoops? Bring it all! Let them have a few more moments of summer fun before their official return to school!
6. Pack them an extra-special lunch.
7. Or if food art isn't your forte, have fun with the sandwich bags.
Super easy, and will definetly make your kids smile at lunch time. Find some fun inspiration here!
8. Don't forget to send them off with a DIY gift for their new teacher.
Get them a gold star on their first day! Find some inventive and cute gift ideas here.
9. Scratch a secret message on a banana that'll show up by snack time!
10. Have an EPIC blanket fort set up when they get home!
No kid can say no to a fort, and it'll give them a little place to unwind and do homework!