As a collective, One Direction fans are often referred to as a bunch of crazies.
I'm not going to deny the fact that Harry's solo in "Little Things" still brings a soft tear to my eye, or that I spend hours on Twitter awaiting the next series of concert photos, but I still know the difference between fantasy and reality (I think).
The same goes for the majority of fans out there. But unfortunately, I think it's safe to say that there is still a small (large?) portion of people out there who could use a little 1D intervention.
You know who you are...
To these people, I'd like to offer some advice.
1. For starters, don't chase them. Because let's be honest, what exactly are you expecting to happen if you catch them? I can assure you, you're not going to be invited for tea and crumpets while you casually discuss the impact of global warming.
2. Try not screaming at them either while you're at it.
3. Oh, and don't mob them. It won't get you any closer to a tea party than chasing or screaming will.
This is not an acceptable selfie.
Come on guys, I said DON'T mob them!
4. Don't ask them to have your babies. You're 12 (or 45). It's creepy and weird.
5. Know your limits. Seeing 1D on a fluke in an elevator and striking up a few minutes of small talk with them - OKAY! Riding an elevator for hours and hours in hopes that four Brits and a Lephrechaun will enter - NOT OKAY!
I could go on, but I'd rather just trust that the 1D fandom is a wise fandom and can take a hint. So we can end it here, right?
Moral of the story? We don't always have to go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun.