1. This is 19-year-old Jacqueline Arguello and her dog, Mocca, from Pharr, Texas. Mocca recently met the love of her life* and together they had babies.
*Can’t confirm because dogs, but there must have been some mutual attraction there.
2. Mocca recently gave birth to a litter of adorable, healthy pups. However, Arguello and her family were confused when one after another, the puppies came out with different, dark shades of fur.
“When I saw her first baby be born, I thought it was funny that [the baby] was black,” she told BuzzFeed News.
“And then the next one was black, and the next, and the next!” she recalled.
3. Arguello said she and her parents started speculating if Mocca had snuck out and bred with another dog somehow. As far as the Arguellos knew, the poodle whom Mocca met and fell in love with* was the first dog she’s ever had contact with.
*Again, can’t confirm. But here they are playing together and appearing to fall in love.
“He was the only dog we let her be around, so we knew he was the baby daddy,” she explained.
About two weeks later, she was pregnant. And because both dogs had light-colored fur, she expected “super white puppies.”
4. Arguello joked about the idea that Mocca possibly stepped out on her beau and was impregnated by another baby daddy by tweeting a scene from the show Maury. Her tweet has been retweeted nearly 50,000 times.
10. There were storylines and outcomes already imagined for the new parents.
13. (Although someone did point out that light-furred dogs who carry the dark-fur gene can produce dark-furred babies.)
14. Arguello does not plan on actually getting a paternity test done — she’s simply enjoying her beautiful new puppies and laughing at everyone’s responses.
“I’m just happy we have beautiful healthy pups and eventually we’ll see if they look like daddy,” she said, laughing.
16. If you can’t see the signup box above, just go here to sign up for BuzzFeed’s “Dog a Day” newsletter!
Two light-furred dogs with a recessive dark-furred gene can produce dark-furred puppies. An earlier version of this post misrepresented the genetic inheritance process.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰