1. Earlier this year, the “Natural Beauty” photo project by British photographer Ben Hopper took off, depicting models posing with their natural armpit hair.
The series was “a type of protest by creating a contrast between common ‘fashionable’ female beauty and the raw unconventional look of female armpit hair,” he told BuzzFeed.
2. And the movement has been recently resurfaced, this time by Chinese netizens.
7. Although the competition closed in late July, with a few even receiving unknown prizes, Chinese women are still proudly sharing their armpit selfies.
TomoNews reported about a dozen girls who posted selfies to the page received a prize – although the exact prizes are unknown.
9. #ArmpitHairSelfies: bless.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌