3. Fans were confused too.
6. Until people started putting together two-and-two and six-and-six together…
7. …and realized Drake is lowkey trying to rebrand his home city.
8. Turns out, some young people have been calling Toronto “The 6” for awhile. Like this one rapper, Jimmy Johnson:
9. But now that Drake’s involved, Toronto’s on the brink of an identity crisis. All the kids are behind the new name:
12. Old heads who remember Toronto as “Tdot” are weary:
18. Meanwhile in Canada, “the average non-Drake fan likely has no idea this is even happening,” said Rawiya Kameir, a Toronto-based writer.
19. Ever propelled by a feeling that his influence might not be fully acknowledged, Drake is really trying to make “The 6” happen. Toronto, are you with him?
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.